Thread: Five years on and still growing!

Five years on and still growing!

Just a quick heads up on our traffic here at bmwz8.us. Last month was our busiest ever month, and as you can see by the stats below we are growing at a good pace, yet our membership still represents less than 5% of the production run, so we still have room to grow quite a bit more.

Thank you to all our contributors for making this such a great site, keep your stories, pictures and thoughts coming!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Wow! congrats, and thank you

Looks like this January alone was half as big as all of '05...amazing (pages). A tribute to both the quality of this site, and the ongoing interest in the Z8.

Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by Norcal; February 24th 2007 at 04:22.

Good Work - Nice Site

This site continues to grow because it is so well done. I don't personally know another Z8 owner, but feel as if I have a number of friends on this site. I have seen a number of helpful and useful tips and enjoy the site very much.
    Thanks one and all.
    Hap

Well deserved thanks

Andrew,
    Thanks for everything that you have had to do behind the scenes to let our community enjoy and benefit.
    Ted

Pleasure!! Thanks for doing the work of getting the Alpina suspension package kit assembled. Dana said that Peter Pan will now offer it as an option for all Z8 owners, and I just got an email saying my car will be ready next week, so I'll have that lovely drive back down the coast to try out my PP & Alpina suspended car.
    Andrew Macpherson

My pleasure ... as they answer the phone at Peter Pan.
    I am very curious to hear how your drive goes. I only wish I could make the trip again. I had the car out today in 70's weather with a clear sky along the coast. It just doesn't get any better.

Team Z8
    I completely agree with Hap. Not a day goes by where I don't check in to see what's going on. I love my car and this site adds measurably to the enjoyment and great pride I take in owning it. Andrew, I count myself as one of many who owes you a debt of gratitude. Maybe one day you'll need some Oral Surgery advice and I can return the favor. This brings up another topic. What does everyboby do for a living? Could we not also use the site for informal advice on a variety of topics?

Thumbs up Congrats and big THX!

Andrew,

this is a good opportunity to say thank you for an outstanding achievement. I regret that we have nothing similar in Europe.

Thumbs up Congratulations & thank you for creating this site

Quote Originally Posted by skicoach View Post
    I completely agree with Hap. Not a day goes by where I don't check in to see what's going on. I love my car and this site adds measurably to the enjoyment and great pride I take in owning it. Andrew, I count myself as one of many who owes you a debt of gratitude. Maybe one day you'll need some Oral Surgery advice and I can return the favor.
    Evie

P.S. I'm not a dentist so disregard that part - but my previous offer still stands!

Thanks everyone!!

Skicoach, I love that idea, and in some way I see it is already happening, I saw Rob asking building & safety advice a few days ago, and some great answers came up that were well outside my area of knowledge.
    I think that the best way to do it is for everyone to feel comfortable using the site for second opinions, and I'm all for it as we are a community of accomplished professionals. If it snowballs into something bigger than the odd occasion question then we can start a section for it, but I'd say just ask in this area of the forum for the moment.
    Andrew Macpherson

More congratulations

Congrats on your wonderful site which has become a major part of my Z8 experience, along with the friends that it has introduced me to. I never dreamed that a car purchase could open so many doors to meet great people and travel to fantastic destinations. Thankyou!

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8-NL's Avatar
    Thanks Andy!!!

We can see the other board reducing its activity and this board is growing and getting more active. Seems with lots of second owners that they are more enthousiasts then the first owners of the cars! Maybe worth a survey who on this Board owned car from new and how many bought second hand.

cheers

Thank you for all your efforts and time Andrew !

Thanks guys - Klaus, this thread asks if owners bought new or used, see the bottom two questions of the multiple choice poll. So far only about half the respondents who voted in the 'what's my color' thread have checked on this one.

As you mentioned I too always thought that our car would attract a more enthusiastic audience as time went by. Many of the leased cars went to those looking for a hot new toy, but now that those cars are settling into the used market the Z8 is rapidly defining itself as a unique modern classic that appeals to the lovers of the great classic cars of an earlier time, yet with none of the headaches of ownership and real usability. Over the years I think our car will be much more desired than any of it's contemporaries (2000-2003) from Ferrari, AM, MB or Porsche, because of it's timeless beauty.
    Andrew Macpherson

I monitored this site and Roadfly while I was searching for my car a few years back, and I found both sites very helpful and informative as I was amassing my knowledge of the car and what to look for in a purchase. While it is a pity that the Roadfly website has decided to focus more on monetizing its traffic rather than catering to those that generate the traffic, automotive enthusiasts, I am pleased that the seeming misguided actions of the Roadfly admins have inadvertently helped unite the majority of the Z8 enthusiast group here on this site. I believe that we are best served by having our own place to discuss things specific to the Z8, without censor from overbearing admins that don't have our interests at heart.

Andrew has created a tremendous resource for all of us owners and those interested in the Z8. I have come to know Andrew better over the past few years, and I count him as a dear friend. While we may not always agree on all topics, I cannot deny his passion for cars and the Z8. However, I must also thank all of you who contribute to this forum. Without our individual contributions in posts, opinions, product reviews, troubleshooting, etc. this site would not be what it is today.

So, thank you Andrew. Thank you all!
    Last edited by thegunguy; February 28th 2007 at 15:33.
    thegunguy