Thread: Road Force measurement??

Road Force measurement??

I just returned from the dealer who checked out a shimmy from the front end. He found worn thrust rod bushings and replaced them. As a courtesy, he checked the balancing of my brand new Pole Positions (three weeks old) and reported an excessive "road force" on the front right tire/rim. I've never heard of this- any info?

I'll answer my own question...

It seems that tires and wheels each have their own "high" or "stiff" spots. In some cases, if the tires happen to be mounted with their spot in alignment with the wheel's spot, this can cause a vibration. Remounting the tire and offsetting these spots solved the problem bringing both back into spec. My shimmy when braking, however, continues despite new bushings, road force balancing, & alignment.

Are they stock brakes? I know it sound obvious, but are the rotors or the hats possibly warped?

Already checked,

but I suspect we need to inspect the stock rotors again. Sometimes its very strong, and other times less so, with no apparent relationship to the temperature of the rotors. Can the pads randomly stick in the caliper or hit the rotor unevenly?