Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: A brand new 2007 owner

  1. #1
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    Smile A brand new 2007 owner

    Hi all
    I have been in love with the Z8 since I drove one in 2003, I should have bought her, but I had just bought a new boat and my conscience was very firm about it.
    After leasing a MB CLK500 that I hated for 39 months I had my revenge, I just bought a Z8 with only 605 miles (2001) .
    The beauty will be delivered to me January 10th (I'm sailing in the Caribbean at the moment and for once my return home will not be sad!). Isn't life good????

    Meanwhile I am reading everything in this fantastic site. (I just discovered the vanos problem, I hope mine will be ok, but apparently I have 2 more months of factory warranty).

    best to all
    Luigi

  2. #2
    Congratulations, welcome aboard, happy holidays and 'bon voyage'!!
    Andrew Macpherson

    Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

  3. #3
    DSC Off Orcatek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    95
    Congrats, Tell us more - Color? Post pics when you can.

  4. #4
    Team Z8 RRZ8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    417
    Only 600 miles ? Very nice Luigi ! What about the 2 months warranty ? Don't you have some kind of EuroPlus/BMW US (?) warranty ? (12/24 months)
    Congratulations from the Netherlands !

  5. #5
    DSC Off bummsbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    69
    Congratulations from the Principality of Liechtenstein, have fun and enjoy!

  6. #6
    Z8 Ate My Homework! Norcal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,471

    Welcome!!

    Wow.....'01 with 600mi....my '01 has 26k! Wish I could go back, but keep all the memories.

    Ian

  7. #7
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    Black and red

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcatek View Post
    Congrats, Tell us more - Color? Post pics when you can.
    Thank you
    Black and red as my football (or soccer for the US friends) team AC MILAN
    that was actually my favorite pick. I have seen a red with red and black, it is fantastic, but it is just too much of an attention grabber!
    Also the stratus must be very nice, but I never saw one. Anyway they are all nice.
    I will post the pics later, but if you want to see it here is the listing on ebay with all the pics and description.
    What color do you have?
    Regards
    Luigi

  8. #8
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    warranty

    Quote Originally Posted by RRZ8 View Post
    Only 600 miles ? Very nice Luigi ! What about the 2 months warranty ? Don't you have some kind of EuroPlus/BMW US (?) warranty ? (12/24 months)
    Congratulations from the Netherlands !
    Hi
    I am not sure at the moment, I will receive the car in 2 weeks and I will let you know, I am also looking to buy an extended warranty do anyone knows a good company?
    Luigi

  9. #9
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    605 miles

    Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Wow.....'01 with 600mi....my '01 has 26k! Wish I could go back, but keep all the memories.

    Ian
    Yes that is what made me decide, 605 miles!!!!
    It was owned by a collector, there is still the plastic on the floor!!!!!
    I guess I would have to buy a new battery
    Luigi

  10. #10
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153
    I just noticed yours is blue and beige great combination!!!

  11. #11
    DSC Off Orcatek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    95
    Looks great, and looks like they even have "the book" for the car. A very rare item from a dealer.

  12. #12
    DSC Off
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Wow.....'01 with 600mi....my '01 has 26k! Wish I could go back, but keep all the memories.

    Ian
    JUST LIKE LIFE!

  13. #13
    Administrator thegunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,703
    Congrats - I found my Black/Red a sixteen months ago with 1,600 miles in similar show-room condition with all of the extras (book, etc.). Doesn't it feel great to steal a car with so few miles. I'm still waiting for the cops to show up.

    Ebay for me too.

    Enjoy putting on the miles...
    thegunguy

  14. #14
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    memories

    unfortunately

    Luigi

  15. #15
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    605 miles

    Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    Congrats - I found my Black/Red a sixteen months ago with 1,600 miles in similar show-room condition with all of the extras (book, etc.). Doesn't it feel great to steal a car with so few miles. I'm still waiting for the cops to show up.

    Ebay for me too.

    Enjoy putting on the miles...
    Yes it is unbeliavable that you can find cars like these almost NEW.
    How many miles do you have now?
    Did you have some problems?
    Did you put the performance package?

    Luigi

  16. #16
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    Insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by RRZ8 View Post
    Only 600 miles ? Very nice Luigi ! What about the 2 months warranty ? Don't you have some kind of EuroPlus/BMW US (?) warranty ? (12/24 months)
    Congratulations from the Netherlands !
    thanks
    i don't know the specs about the warranty , they just told me that ,i hope it is true!
    But i will let you know.
    I noticed that you drive a lot of miles with no problems, do you have the PP installed?
    Luigi

  17. #17
    Team Z8 RRZ8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    thanks
    i don't know the specs about the warranty , they just told me that ,i hope it is true!
    But i will let you know.
    I noticed that you drive a lot of miles with no problems, do you have the PP installed?
    Luigi
    No, PP not installed (yet)

  18. #18
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    PPackage

    Quote Originally Posted by RRZ8 View Post
    No, PP not installed (yet)
    You have 112000 km with no PP .....and no problems
    that's' very good news
    I was a bit concerned about it
    keep enjoying your Z8
    Luigi

  19. #19
    Team Z8 RRZ8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    You have 112000 km with no PP .....and no problems
    that's' very good news
    I was a bit concerned about it
    keep enjoying your Z8
    Luigi
    112.000 ? No, mine has 9800 kilometers on, but no sign of any deformation (yet?)
    I will enjoy the kilometers !

  20. #20
    Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    153

    kilometers

    Quote Originally Posted by RRZ8 View Post
    112.000 ? No, mine has 9800 kilometers on, but no sign of any deformation (yet?)
    I will enjoy the kilometers !
    ahhh OK
    misunderstanding

    looking forward to surpass your kilometers