Thread: Z8 Floor Mats?

Z8 Novice

Z8 Floor Mats?

Hi all,
    I am a new registered member of this forum and I wanted to thank so many of you for helping me decide (finally!) to buy my beautiful 2002 Topaz/Crema Z8. I have been following this board for over two years as I've learned more about what I believe (as many of you do) is the most beautiful and timeless car to come out in many years from any manufacturer. Your thoughtful insights and individual and group research has been invaluable to me and I hope to be able to contribute in the future. Thank you all and thanks especially to Andrew/Macfly for all you do to support this outstanding forum!

My Z8 is due to arrive here in Northern California in about a week and will join my black GT2 as one of my four-wheeled passions. The two will battle it out for the preferential garage placement.

While it is in transit, I am pulling together a list of things that I'd like to have when it arrives and one of them is a new set of floor mats. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get them? I'd like the originals and, of course, a color match. Yowza!

Thanks!

Eric

If you just want another set of originals, your local BMW service center can order them for you. From memory a set is $180. Be sure to join the BMWCCA for a 10% discount on parts from all BMW service centers, not to mention other club benefits.

Speaking of clubs...check out the Z8 Club when you have a moment. The initiation and membership fees are higher than most due to its status as a German organization, but the events are without rival.

Most importantly, welcome aboard! When you get your beauty, post some pics.
    thegunguy

Blue floor mats

Eric,
    I checked RealOEM.com for floor mat colors for my own Topaz car. For the Z8, you will find only black, red and crema. Obviously, crema is very prone to becoming dirty.
    I thought that, while it would be nice to have blue mats for a Topaz car, I didn't think that they made them, till I looked elsewhere on the site at http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?p=6224#post6224 , specifically at the "blue" car. It seems to have blue mats custom fit around the gas pedal. I checked RealOEM.com again, this time under Alpina and there appears to be a "Blau" floor mat: part number 51438025914.
    Good luck and let me know if you end up ordering them.
    Best,
    Ted

I ended up getting custom blue mats made for mine from one of the many web vendors. There are several that make them for the Z8.

Z8 Novice

Mat Search

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have two or three sources now. I will probably go with the original OEM and order a second set (blau) for contrast or for when the crema ones get dirty. I'll post when I have pictures. Hopefully, it won't still be raining when it arrives!
    Eric

Congratulations Eric !

Sport Button On
    I got a nice set made quickly by GG Bailey. My car is silver/black, so I got black with a silver thread "Z8" in the center. Nice, and as I recall, reasonably priced.

Mike

Z8 Novice

Taking BMW to the mat...

Mike,
    Thanks! I went to the site you recommended too and this looks like a very interesting alternative to the dealer. I'll have to take a risk if I go this route as my crema interior and/or topaz paint is going to be tough to color-match from a non-BMW source. I may go with something neutral though...

To reinforce my desire to go another route like above, I spent a few minutes at Stevens Creek BMW here in the Bay Area and they quoted me at $200+ and "at least a month wait before shipment" as mats are back-ordered for Z8s. Nice... (probably mats wearing out from all the pedal work the Z8s out there are getting as their owners scurry around looking for dealers who will do the PP upgrades...and not charge an arm, leg, or other... ) I figure they are learning from the US Eisenmann exhaust distributors. At this rate, I should order my NEXT set of mats now so they'll be here when the others wear out.

Also, I ran into a friend at the dealer who works there and when he heard I got a Z8, the first thing he did was cringe and ask me if it has the "frame issue" or if I knew about it. Nice... He then told me how much fun the new M roadster is and how I could have a new one and lots of spare change for what I paid for the Z8. I asked him if there was any way that I could drive it.... but not have to look at it...or if there was some way to deflate it a bit first with a valve or something...

There went my courtesy test drive! Ha, ha!

Cheers and Happy Holidays all!

Eric

DSC Off
    dealer can order the originals for you. Dinan also has them but with their logo on them, I think for about the same price.

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar
    Z Solutions has the OEM floormats for sale

http://www.z3solutions.com/

I have dealt with them for many years and they are very good. You may also want to consider the top pad and the cockpit cover.

My Z8 is black with the black/crema interior. I have the factory crema floormats and they get dirty looking at them. I bought a set of black mats for everyday driving and save the crema ones for state occasions - like displays at the Blackhawk - one short of a formal state occasion - where I put the crema floormats in, then jack up each wheel so that the valve stems are on top (if you ask, Peter Pan will adjust all your wheel center Roundels so they line up with the Roundel valve caps).

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Called GG Bailey today for custom mats.

Metzger mentioned that back in '06 he got some custom mats with the Z8 logo on them and it sounds awesome...well I spoke to Lee the owner I think of GG Bailey Co, they are here in Georgia come to find out. Anyway he tells me that due to the legal or illegal use of trademark, etc lawsuit crap they cannot make me any custom mats with the logo, so Metzger you did well to get those when you did. My mats are just plain black and I assume that is what came with the car, seems rather "inexpensive"(cheap) to me for a car that was about $130K new if I am close...dog

I want to have a custom mat made for the trunk. I think black would work for everyone. Someday.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I can recommend Lloyd Mats here in Southern Calfornia. They are OEM suppliers for many German, Japanese, and US manufacturers. The quality of their mats is unsurpassed.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Would you be interested Marty? Group Buy? I've been using a towel in the trunk for years, and would love something like a finished mat. I don't need a logo to know what I'm driving, just something to protect the original trunk (boot) lining.

How much of the trunk are you looking to cover? Both levels of the floor.

I'm with you. No logos are needed. The design needs no embellishment. So, it's really just the mold/cut.
    thegunguy

Lloyds are sending to a bunch of retailers, I tried this one - http://www.floormatexpress.com/carpe...e_ultimat.html

and came up with this.....

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I wonder how their dye matches our cars. The prices are great compared to the OE replacements. I've never felt a need to deviate from the stock look, but I know it's an important to some. It might be interesting to have black piping/stitching with my red mats.
    thegunguy

I really like my pale grey matts in the silver/black car, it helps lighten up the interior just a bit, and my OEM ones are no doubt getting eaten by the moths in the attic!
    Andrew Macpherson

That's actually a great point. The all black interior is a bit 'darth vader', even on the silver cars. A lighter plane on the floor really does help. I had forgotten about your mats.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    I had my local shop make me a set of mats and Im still happy with them- that was back in around 2005.

Z8 Madness
    I like the durable-plastic floor mats, if they could be made to fit properly and in desired colors.

2016 Porsche GTS/MT

I just ordered a set of coco mats for my Alpina in black with grey dots from this company. I had them in my last Z8 and loved them. They protect the original mats, are very durable, and have a wonderful retro look.

www.cocomats.com
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2013 Ford Raptor

Z8Mania
    I had custom mats made that are similar. My place makes mats for the local Aston and Bentley dealer and they are of a pretty high quality. I have a nice big rubber/plastic wear area for my heel because I always seem to wear through the floor mats.

For those with an Alpina, I found a usa accessory distributor. They have a set of floor mats in black with alpina striping. A little pricy at $342 for the set.

http://alpina-usa.com/#

click on online catalog and then X3/X5/Z4/Z8 to see their items.

Z8Mania
    Wow- what a great find!!

Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post
    I just ordered a set of coco mats for my Alpina in black with grey dots from this company. I had them in my last Z8 and loved them. They protect the original mats, are very durable, and have a wonderful retro look.

www.cocomats.com

Please post a pic when they arrive. I remember the days when every self respecting sports car had Coco mats.

2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

I have the red and black coco mats and they look spectacular with my red and black interior.If you have a retro design you might as well go with retro matts

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Would you be interested Marty? Group Buy? I've been using a towel in the trunk for years, and would love something like a finished mat. I don't need a logo to know what I'm driving, just something to protect the original trunk (boot) lining.
    Group buy would be great. I use a plastic liner held up with painters tape (really tacky looking) to cover the whole trunk and would be nice to have something custom.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

If we can see who wants what I can approach a supplier.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    I have the red and black coco mats and they look spectacular with my red and black interior.If you have a retro design you might as well go with retro matts
    If you have a chance, can you post a pic?
    2000 Red over black

Ok will snap a pic of my red/black coco matts later today, I am guessing I can use the App tapatalk for an Iphone pic Andrew?. As far as the trunk mats there is an out fit that I have used in the past to make custom matts for an E class merc wagon cargo area and my Audi q7. they just need a brown paper template and they send you all maner of different rug samples and colors. I will dig up that info as well. they were reasonable and faily quick

I am sure Lloyd Mats or the place I used to get my. coco mats would be happy to make a trunk mat. I may be interested in getting one.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2013 Ford Raptor

ok here are a few picks of the coco mats (black with red)

Thanks for the pictures! On this black Friday, I now know what to ask Santa for Christmas.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Those look Great! Thank you.

The Red stands out more than I imagined.

Did you just specify Z8 for the pattern or did you do any pattern formation yourself. They fit good.
    2000 Red over black

Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    Those look Great! Thank you.

The Red stands out more than I imagined.

Did you just specify Z8 for the pattern or did you do any pattern formation yourself. They fit good.
    No I just ordered for a Z8, they have the pattern. Those suckers are heavy duty though, with the thick rubber backing they must weigh a pound and a half apiece

Z8Mania
    Josh those mats look great. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post

www.cocomats.com
    Just received my new cocomats...(same black/grey dots)
    Look very cool in the car..going to have to order the trunk
    mat

They have a trunk mat? The floor is not exactly flat and the mats are pretty stiff. Any one ordered one?

I just cut a pattern out of brown paper and sent it off to Cocomats since the pattern they had did not fit. I decided just to cover over the access panel to the back of the trunk because trying to form a one inch right angle with such heavy material would I think be problematic for that dip down section. I will let you guys know how it comes out.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors