Thread: Please post pictures of deformation problem

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Question Please post pictures of deformation problem

It is not obvious where pictures are stored on this forum showing the deformation problem. Can someone let me know if this is what people are talking about. The front of the hood is 1/4" off on the right side. See the attached picture.

In response....

I'm also working on an FAQ to answer much of this, but in the meantime here is the link.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I need thinner coins

My struts are domed. I can fit a quarter near in the hood spacing near the front windshield but I can't even fit a dime in the space near the front lights.

Quote Originally Posted by jmosk View Post
    My struts are domed. I can fit a quarter near in the hood spacing near the front windshield but I can't even fit a dime in the space near the front lights.
    The lining of the hood en front bumper is not correct too, with the 'usual' frame damage only the 'side-lining' of the hood is not alligned. Any known history of damage ?

Hood & bumper

Quote Originally Posted by RRZ8 View Post
    The lining of the hood en front bumper is not correct too, with the 'usual' frame damage only the 'side-lining' of the hood is not alligned. Any known history of damage ?
    I've noticed this on many cars, not sure if it is related to the towers, but it is very comon.

Assuming the skeleton below is all good there is some slight adjustability in the position of the front quarter panels. I too have noted several cars with misaligned panels but without any sign of the dreaded damage.
    Andrew Macpherson

Is the hood or the front spoiler moving sideways (?) I assume that the front spoiler is not adjustable (?) The hood is.

No damage to the car in the picture

The picture I posted of the 2001 Z8 (#436) with the domed struts, is of a car that has not had any other damage at all. Over the weekend I compared this car to a 2000 Z8 (#51). The panel alignment problems in #436 is even more evident when next to #51 which has no doming problem at all. Not only was the spacing on either side of the hood uneven, but there was far more space between the front bumper and the hood (as the prior two posts also point out) and the passenger door is not sitting entirely flush with the side of the car.

DSC Off
    I am not sure there is a "2000" Z8 but that aside, a small amount of difference in the hood seams is normal for any handbuilt car. The one in the picture is way too much but there probably won't be any car with an exact seam all the way around.

Bob Adler

Sport Button On
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTSZ View Post
    I am not sure there is a "2000" Z8 but that aside, ...
    Maybe it?s an imported Z8?

P.S. I got my first Z8 in July 2000, but I live in Germany.

Production began in 2000....

but there were only 257 US spec 2000 Z8's - all the production info is here.
    Andrew Macpherson