Front OEM: 62 lbs
    Front BBS: 48 lbs

saving 14 lbs

Rear OEM: 67 lbs
    Rear BBS: 52 lbs

saving 15 lbs

Total saving 58 lbs!!

Total cost fitted - $6,700

I didn't take my camera, so here is Mathias's car with the same wheels. They look really nice on my silver car - much better than I thought they would to be honest.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Stunning

Please post a photo with the silver car!

I have put the gal away again...

so looks like the first photo op will be in Death Valley on the way to Santa Fe. Keep your eyes on the GALLERY as I'll be doing daily updates as we go. Maybe time for a new avatar, since that's where this one was taken!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice

Green Break Calipers?

Are those green brake calipers or am i seeing things?

Wheels by the way look great.

Must be a screen artifact....

as they were just the regular OEM brakes.
    Andrew Macpherson

It's the green brake pads showing

That's what it looks like to me.

Right you are!

I forgot that I have a new set of 'dust free' pads from Dave Z to put in as well, should have done it while the wheels were off, as these new wheels look like they'll need a lot of cleaning time!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness

Very Nice!

Andrew,

Are these the BBS RS-GT? Also, what size?

Another question, I think I read someplace that you've installed the Dinan suspension kit. Are you planning to also install the BMW fix and if so do you know if the two can be installed at the same time. If not, which do you think would provide the most protection -- I know this might be hard to answer without knowing much about the new fix.

Anyway, they look fantastic on that black car. I'm now debating black coated HRF540s vs these

... but first, I'll have to wait and see what happens with the suspension deal.

Thanks,
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

I put on the Dinan kit as a temporary measure...

but I'll make the decision about what to keep when we get the kit, but I think that I'll be doing the fix, and chucking the Dinan plates. These BBS's are 8.5 front and 10 rear, and are standard off the shelf Z8/Alpina rims, which is in part why I got them, quick enough for Santa Fe, easy to get and light. I'm not sure of the exact name, but call John at Wheel Enhancements for the details - they are really good guys.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by macfly
    ... call John at Wheel Enhancements for the details - they are really good guys.
    They have a picture of a silver z8, I wonder if that's yours.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/getp...ilver%20Z8.jpg
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

guess so....

but that is not the best angle for either the wheels or the car, it makes both look really plain. The wheels actually have a really nice flow to them, and the silver lips also really bring out the chrome trim on the silver. (the mirrors, door handles etc,) The package creates a very modern/classic whole, as you'll see when I get my camera out next week. I really didn't expect to like these rims on silver as much as I do, but now they're on I love them!

(Henrik Fisker has always said he would have chosen 20" wheels for the Z8 if he could have at the time of the design - so I don't feel like I'm Pimping Henrik's ride!)

Andrew Macpherson

April 08 As a footnote I sold these rims because they didn't really photograph well enough on the car. They looked amazing to the eye, but in pictures they never seemed to look right, and I love taking pictures, so I gave up the benefit of their lightness for a style that flowed better to the camera's eye.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    its the spokes- in 2D they look too thin but I am guessing in real life they look much better.

I think you're right, it was very odd, they always looked very pretty to the eye, but not in the camera. It was doing the Meet in the Middle trip that I really went off they way the camera saw them, they just photographed not so well next to the OEM wheels.

Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Right- the OEMs are more rounded- so they look thicker. I think the OEM style in 20 would look weird and too big but in 19 we might have a winner!

In hindsight, the pics from MITM give me this impression:
    The BBS look more like "wires" and the stock wheels more like "steelies"