Thread: Enthusiastic Drving?

Enthusiastic Drving?

Thought we needed a break...http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88008488190547

From Google:
    "On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a ... all ? Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

"No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

"The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

"Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago."
    thegunguy

Z8Mania

A Few Good (sales)Men

From a good friend of mine:

Sales: "You want answers?"

Accounting: "I think we are entitled to them!"

Sales: "You want answers?!"

Accounting: "I want the truth!"

Sales: "You can't handle the truth!!!" (continuing): "Son, we live in a
    world that requires revenue. And that revenue must be brought in by people
    with elite skills. Who's going to find it?? You?? You, Mr. Operations?? We
    have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You scoff at sales division and you curse our lucrative incentives. You have
    that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: that while the
    cost of business results are excessive, it drives in revenue.

And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, drives
    REVENUE! You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you
    don't talk about at staff meetings ... you want me on that call. You NEED me
    on that call!

We use words like comps, migration, discounts, flex licensing, global
    purchase agreements, butt-fusion. We use these words as the backbone of a
    life spent negotiating something. You use them as a punch line!

I have neither the time nor inclination to explain myself to people who rise
    and sleep under the very blanket of revenue I provide and then question the
    manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and
    went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a phone and make some
    sales calls. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled
    to!"

Accounting: "Did you expense the lap dances?"

Sales: "I did the job I was hired to do."

Accounting: "Did you expense the lap dances?"

Sales: "You're goddamn right I did!"

Genius! Thanks.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Btw- that video is INSANE!

Wonder if HE had to check his shock towers for deformation following this drive.

DSC Off

That was one of the most........

.....irresponsible videos I have ever seen. The total disregard for potential slaughter of innocent people, property...the total disregard for laws. The total unethical nature of this film is unfathonable. I'm shocked, appalled, bewildered at its blatent disregard for anything I would consider civil. And a huge thanks for showing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading an interview with him some years ago.

Lelouch was the driver, and he was arrested and taken to the Chief of Police in Paris, who furiously reprimanded him, and demanded that he surrender his driving license on the spot. He snatched the license, and slammed in onto his desk, telling Lelouch that he had been ordered to take his license by the Mayor, who had seen the film at a festival.

He then asked Lelouch what car he drove, and Lelouch said he wouldn't tell him, because that was the film's great artistic secret. Infact to this day no one has ever been officially told what car they drove, but my own suspicion is that it was one of the camera cars used in the making of Un Homme et Une Femme.

The Chief of Police then told him how much he enjoyed Un Homme et Un Femme (a must see if you haven't ever seen it) and asked him several questions about the racing sequences, and the cars in it. Finally he dismissed Lelouch, but as the director was walking out of his office the Chief of Police said "Aren't you forgetting something?"

The surprised Lelouch turned around to see the Chief holding out his driving license.
    "I told the Mayor I'd take your license, but I didn't say how long I'd take it for."
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

It is clear that the sound of the Ferrari 275 (?) has been added afterwards. If you pay attention, you will see a lot of situations where the sound is in full blast in fifth gear, e.g. at 3:15 or around 7:00, and he barely bypasses a 2CV...
    Turn off the sound and watch it again, most parts are not faster than 50 mph. There are numerous discussions on the Internet about the car and the average speed.

Great film anyway, given the time it was created.
    Best regards, Dieter