Thread: A selection of wheels seen in Europe...

A selection of wheels seen in Europe...

There were a lot of alternatives on display in Italy, here is a selection.....

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I still like the BBS best out of that selection...

but the new M6 wheels are a close second. I do not like the brushed look with black accent on the M6 wheel and think that it most likely only would look good on the Black like Kai has. Too bad we can not morph these onto our own car somehow to get a better idea.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8-NL's Avatar

M6 rims

The M6 look very good on a black car (as is mine).
    Kay or other experts, do you know if these rims (as they are 19") will fit with the brembo big brake kit as I now have the 20" Alpina wheels on my Z8.

Cheers
    Klaus Z8-NL

Quote Originally Posted by Z8-NL
    The M6 look very good on a black car (as is mine).
    Kay or other experts, do you know if these rims (as they are 19") will fit with the brembo big brake kit as I now have the 20" Alpina wheels on my Z8.

Cheers
    Klaus Z8-NL
    I don't think so, but it would be worth a try.
    Probably I could convince Kay to come over for a bottle of wine, and we give it a try...
    ...before we have the wine of course.
    Best regards, Dieter

and a selection from Munich at the 10th Anniversary meet.

Andrew Macpherson

I think BMW got it right with the original wheels on our Z8s. I do have a set of AC Schnitzer type IIIs (silver, one-piece) on my M5 that I love, though.
    2002 Silver/Black
    No mods (except for new Alpine stereo)
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by bvhbmw View Post
    I think BMW got it right with the original wheels on our Z8s. I do have a set of AC Schnitzer type IIIs (silver, one-piece) on my M5 that I love, though.
    Design - quite good. Size and weight - not so. Just one of the examples of the compromised project.

I'd still love to see the lightened OE design in 19" that we kicked around back in the day. I'm so in love with my wheels, but I continue to believe that this project would have produced a beautiful match for what is more inline with what the car calls for.
    thegunguy

As time goes by I too think that the 19" x 9" front and 19" x 10" rear would be the real ticket, but the liability issues of making a wheel are incredible, so sadly that isn't something that any of us could or should undertake.

I remember from the earlier go round that we'd need 20 buyers with around $10k each, cash up front, to get a legitimate company like BBS, who'd do the safety testing required. That was is the real barrier to entry.
    Andrew Macpherson

Yes, it's a fantasy project, but I think they'd really work well. A little more length on the spokes would lessen the visual weight and certainly fill the wheel well more fully.
    thegunguy

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I am one of those purists who happens to love the look of the original wheel, even if they may be too heavy. Hindsight being 20-20, I agree a 19" wheel in the original style would have been even better, but the 18's look fine to me. If I were ever tempted to change my wheels, I would definately put the same wheels that Rifle has on his car on my car.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Maybe we should try that in a few weeks. I don't think they work on the silver, but I'd be curious to see how they look on Stratus.
    thegunguy