Thread: Alpina Classic 19"

Smile Alpina Classic 19"

Alpina Classic 19" for the Z8 are now available for Switzerland/Liechtenstein! They have an offset of 20 upfront (8,5-19) and an offset of 24 in the rear (9,5-19). They come with Michelin PS2. The fronts wear 255/40 ZR 19 96Y and the rears wear 285/35 ZR 19 99Y (no RFT). Due to Alpina the weight of the wheels should be reasonably lower than the OEM's. I do not have pictures with the Z8 yet, therefore attachments of the 6 series.

I ordered a set. As soon as they arrive I will take some pictures. Experience report with regard to the Michelins to follow later ...

Alpina suspension kit and new wheels installed!

I just installed a complete Alpina suspension kit. It consists of Eibach springs and Sachs shocks (each made to Alpina specs). The kit lowers the front by 15mm, rear unchanged. Total cost: 2300?.

The Alpina Classics: 8.5x19? and 9.5x19?. Basically they come in 255/40 ZR 19 96Y and 285/35 ZR 19 99Y, however, I decided to go for 245/40 ZR19 98Y and 275/35 ZR 19 100Y for easier handling and to stick to the original radius. Tire: Michelin PS2, no RFT.

Impressive detail: I asked the service shop to compare the weight of each OEM 18? (Bridgestone Re050, no RFT) with the one of the Alpina 19?, including tire. The Alpina front and rear wheels are both about 5 kg lighter !!

Verdict after two days:

Much easier handling, good grip in corners, and a ?quiet? front end. What is most surprising? The ride comfort is much better, the difference is huge! Very good overall balance between the suspension and the Michelins. Of course, the Michelins do a lot, but the suspension kit makes the main impact.

Maybe, this is not the right kit for very ambitious driving on race tracks. Given the variety of surfaces on normal roads I can summarize: this Alpina combination is excellent, and I recommend it.

Few pictures: