Thread: Any ideas for a pedal set...

Team Z8

Any ideas for a pedal set...

Since the car is just waiting for "the fix" I've decided to use the time for washing, waxing and doing those small mods. Installed the Icelink and can give it four stars. I bought one of those cheap pedal sets off Ebay a few years ago and never installed them. If anyone knows of a better set available let me know before I start drilling.

I have a set of those too!

but I have been working with Rob Baylor at Ultimate Pedals to create something especially for the Z8. We have done a Mk1 which had the regular black dots on polished aluminum, but I wasn't too happy with them, they looked too Porsche.

This is the design for the Mk2 which I still don't have, but think will suit the overall interior stlye pretty well. They include a wider gas pedal for easier heel/toe work, because there is such a gulf between the two on our cars. If you like the look of these shoot him an email.

The pedals in this design are black coated, and the grip surface is polished thn crosshatched aluminum and the Z8 logo will most likely be an inset badge that we'll make. We discussed engraving, but Rob was concerned that it may chip the black coating giving a rough outline.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Team Z8

Looks good...I'll email him.

I'd been looking for pedal that had some grip, but not so much that it would tear up a pair of dress shoes on those other occasions.

Agree with wider gas pedal

I measured mine - almost 10' to the brake.
    thegunguy

Sport Button On - DSC Off mollyshark's Avatar
    Did anything ever come about with the pedal set? This is one of the few mods I would actually do!

I spoke with Rob today, he is waiting to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by mollyshark
    Did anything ever come about with the pedal set? This is one of the few mods I would actually do!
    about the final fix for our frames before proceeding and put this on his back burner as he assumed (correctly) that some Z8 owners would trade their cars off and he was unsure how many people may actually be interested.

The design is not finished and only in the preliminary stages at this time. I have ordered a modified set of his some of his regular pedals and as soon as they get here (about 2 weeks) I will post what they look like after I get them installed.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I also have a set of Rob's 'regular' pedals here....

if anyone is interested. I'll add some shots later, but they are the usual black dots on silver brushed aluminum, with Z8 logos engraved in them.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sounds good to me

Please post the pics

just waiting for my little digi to return from repair...

should be back this week.
    Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off

Stay away from ACS...and Claus Ettensberger in LA

I ordered all pedals and dead pedal from Claus Ettensberger in LA. The guy was very happy to take my order and we chatted a few minutes. $600 and a week later I got the pedals and promptly took them to my local BMW dealer for install. Dealer called me a few hours later....told me dead pedal did not fit and with a little "tweaking", they got the brake, gas and clutch installed. I called Claus Ettensberger, the idiot who sold the pedals to me neglected to tell me he sent me pedals for a 3 series (and ACS does not have Z8 pedals). I told him the dead did not fit (at all). He said he had sold the set to other Z8 owners and thought everything fit ok. What a bunch of BS. Dead pedal was not even close...no way it would fit unless you literally bent the foot well. I told him I wanted to return the dead...he gave me some crap about having to get some numbers and he'd get back to me....he never did so several calls later I finally got him...again evasive...said he'd set up return via UPS. They picked up dead a week later......and of course I was never credited for sending back. I was so frustrated I dropped the issue and chalked it up to a $300 dollar lesson. DO NOT get ACS pedals for the Z8......and DO NOT deal with Claus Ettenberger in LA. Caveat emptor.

Ce La

I got my ACS suspension through them, and no problems. But it sounds like they really &%*!ed up on your stuff. Too bad. Thanks for the heads-up on the pedal set, or lack there of.

That is NOT the experience I got from them....

Quote Originally Posted by robz82001
    I ordered all pedals and dead pedal from Claus Ettensberger in LA. The guy was very happy to take my order and we chatted a few minutes. $600 and a week later I got the pedals and promptly took them to my local BMW dealer for install. Dealer called me a few hours later....told me dead pedal did not fit and with a little "tweaking", they got the brake, gas and clutch installed. I called Claus Ettensberger, the idiot who sold the pedals to me neglected to tell me he sent me pedals for a 3 series (and ACS does not have Z8 pedals). I told him the dead did not fit (at all). He said he had sold the set to other Z8 owners and thought everything fit ok. What a bunch of BS. Dead pedal was not even close...no way it would fit unless you literally bent the foot well. I told him I wanted to return the dead...he gave me some crap about having to get some numbers and he'd get back to me....he never did so several calls later I finally got him...again evasive...said he'd set up return via UPS. They picked up dead a week later......and of course I was never credited for sending back. I was so frustrated I dropped the issue and chalked it up to a $300 dollar lesson. DO NOT get ACS pedals for the Z8......and DO NOT deal with Claus Ettenberger in LA. Caveat emptor.
    My set installed perfectly BUT I did not get the Dead Pedal Footrest. After installing this, I do like the linear vertical rubber grips and they compliment the spokes of the steering wheel visually when standing outside the car looking down into the footwell, but the lighter frost aluminum color really does not match the stainless footrest and it seems it just does not coordinate well with the color mats I have contrasted with the red carpet. Although there are other brushed aluminum knobs elsewhere in the car, I think this pedal set looks best on a black floormat on black carpeting.

I am currently working with Rob Baylor at Ultimate Pedals for a modified version of some of his pedals. So far the template I like but until I get it in the car, I will not know for sure about the aesthetics.

The AC Schnitzer set I got from CEC in LA fit perfectly. The Box did say "e46 M3" on the outside, which made me nervous but it fit without any "tweeking". Are you sure it was just not a problem with your installer? A picture of mine is listed below.

Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Pedals for less....

Incase you guys never noticed you can buy an ACS Pedal set for $20 on EBay, as Ron mentioned in the first post of this thread. Check out this guy's EBay store, he always has a full set in stock.

Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off

just a couple of comments/responses

My service guy at Hendrick BMW was the person who told me the technician had to tweak the gas pedal to get it on correctly....don't know exactly what that meant (maybe covering his butt as the dead did not fit and he was concerned it might be their fault). I was just happy they were on. And I checked the dead....no way it could fit. As for "pedals for less", the guy I bought mine from told me 99% of the ACS pedals out there were fake. I paid about $300.00 for mine. At $20 for a complete set...they are fake....without a doubt. IMHO. But I'll add that if indeed they are GOOD fakes.....I wouldn't care and would save the $280 and buy them.

Finally got my pedals in the car....

Here is the link.
    Andrew Macpherson