Thread: New guy

New guy

I just found this site and joined up. Thank you!

I do not have a Z, but my best friend bought a Z8 Alpina several years back. He has tasked me with selling it for him. We have no idea how to value it because it is currently a non-running project car. It was driven and used up by the original owner. Engine is seized in some manner and the car has tons of miles on it. It is black with red interior. I am thinking it would be best to simply list it as-is on Bring a Trailer. Is there a market for project cars like this? He doesn't want to go through the expense of fixing it up.

Thanks!
    Troy

That's such a how long is a piece of string question!

As a parts car it's maybe in the 50-60k range, but without knowing what really happened to the motor it's hard to say.

Was it in a flood, did it seize up on the road or while it was sitting, what else in the drive train is damaged, etc, etc.

I have never heard of one of these motors having a mechanical issue, so it certainly raises a lot of questions.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thank you Andrew. All I know is that it was driven daily until the motor no longer started. It has about 200K miles on it. It's been sitting like this for years. No mechanic has looked at it. The battery is dead, yada yada yada... I'll bet you never heard of a Z8 car actually being driven this much either (:

Z8 Novice
    I'm interested in purchasing if the price is right.

Wow, This is in interesting tale.

That is a lot of miles but maybe it can be resurrected. Could be as simple as putting in a new battery and pushing the start button after changing all fluids?
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    hmmmm where is the car located?

Team Z8
    and a VIN, and maybe a picture of that odometer when the battery is replaced...

Hello, if it's silver and you have the hard top, I know someone who will buy the hardtop.
    Greg AH61930 - 2003 - Silver/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Gregesq View Post
    Hello, if it's silver and you have the hard top, I know someone who will buy the hardtop.
    The original post states black with red interior.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

So, reading the post would have helped. Oops. This is why I only read books with pictures.
    Greg AH61930 - 2003 - Silver/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Gregesq View Post
    So, reading the post would have helped. Oops. This is why I only read books with pictures.
    Too funny! If it helps you, I've seen hardtops come up from time to time on Craigslist and eBay.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red