Thread: Luggage Compartment Manual Operation

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Luggage Compartment Manual Operation

My battery is dead (and not responding to a charge) so I need to manually open the Luggage Compartment (trunk ). The owner's manual wants me to tilt the passenger seat forward, and lift the cover off of the fuse box. I figured out how to tilt the seat (pull on horizontal leather strap on backrest - I just happened to discover this. Is this mentioned anywhere in the manual??). I'm trying to lift the cover off of the fuse box and am applying considerable force but the cover is not moving. Am I missing something? (the glove box is not locked - but I don't think that a locked glove box affects what I'm trying to do.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

If you are trying to open the compartment where the GPS unit is located (behind the passenger seat) I believe you need to use the key to open the lid. I am not sure this is what you are asking though...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    If you are trying to open the compartment where the GPS unit is located (behind the passenger seat) I believe you need to use the key to open the lid. I am not sure this is what you are asking though...

Bill
    Boomster - thanks for your response. See a more details of my problem below:

I have a 2001 Z8 with a year 2000 dated owner's manual (P/N 01 41 0 155 083). (There is no mention of a GPS for this car in the manual). On page 140 of this manual are instructions for manually releasing the luggage compartment lid and a picture of the fuse box with the cover opened (behind the passenger seat). (I see no place to insert a key in the picture or in this area in the car itself). I cannot open the lid to the fuse box with reasonable upward force. In the picture of the lid there is a protrusion in the middle of the upper side of the lid that looks like it might "snap" together with the base surface when closed. Perhaps this is frozen.

Has anyone opened the lid on the fuse box?

Phil

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Phil,

Please look at page 79 of the manual
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Boomster, Z-acht,

Thank you both. There is a key slot next to the lid. The light was rather poor and I did not have my glasses on so the key slot just looked like a black dot to me. With a flashlight and my glasses I now see the key slot. Using the car key the lid opens as expected.

Thanks again,

Phil

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)