Thread: My other favorite car

My other favorite car

I spent some time reading threads on this forum, not even a lot considering the amount of posts here but I've seen some pretty amazing cars beside the Z8 of course. It made me wonder, if you must pick just one, what is your favorite car and you can't pick your Z8 , then pick your second favorite car...and don't be shy

I'll kick off, by posting some pictures of my Ferrari 430 Scuderia, great sound, hardcore and just amazing, credits for the pictures go to Sander van der Linden https://sandervanderlindenfotografie.wordpress.com/ a very talented young guy from Veenendaal the Netherlands.

nice car, nice pictures
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    My Mc Laren 12C.

Joe

Team Z8
    Many of you saw me with this car in Monterey this past August. It best represents my passion for classic cars. And yes, I drove it to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-acht View Post
    nice car, nice pictures
    thanks Ton, and it's very suited for the Limburg-area

Quote Originally Posted by JOEA2 View Post
    My Mc Laren 12C.

Joe
    Wow, great color on that one Joe, I must say I love the McLaren brand a lot since my bussines-partner is kind of a McLaren addict; he used to drive the 650S and has recently purchased the 675LT, pfff all great pieces of perfection

Quote Originally Posted by skicoach View Post
    Many of you saw me with this car in Monterey this past August. It best represents my passion for classic cars. And yes, I drove it to the show.
    Great looking sharknose you have there Chris, really love the design and it's one of those cars on my list, boy what a list it is; just gets longer and longer.

By the looks of it, it sure is in mint condition !

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    thanks Ton, and it's very suited for the Limburg-area
    We will see it when the spring comes!
    Ton

My first car - 1966 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible. Bought it in 1975 when I was 15.

2001 BMW Z8
    2014 Porsche Carrera TTS
    2005 Ford GT
    2002 BMW M5
    1972 Chevrolet Blazer
    1972 GMC Jimmy
    1966 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible

Now that's a car every 15 year old should buy ! I never saw those red lined tires before, that gives it a real muscle car look. Thanks for sharing Gary, do you still drive it a lot ?

Those were Uniroyal Red Lines. They were the performance tire to have at the time. I had them on my GTO.

Joe

I pulled the trigger on this 2006 Ford GT today. Can't wait to get it. A great stablemate for the Z8!

You will love it! I have 24,000 miles on mine.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    I pulled the trigger on this 2006 Ford GT today. Can't wait to get it. A great stablemate for the Z8!
    Congratulations Bill! Enjoy your new ride.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

WOW Bill ! That's a great looking car must be a fantastic ride and as you say a perfect stablemate for the Z8 or any other car

congratulations and enjoy, you're a lucky man !

I believe the Z8 and the Ford GT are the standout classics from the early 2000's. And with the trend toward turbo-boosted, paddle-shifted sports cars, I think they may represent the end of an era. Truthfully, I think I have my personal ultimate collection now, no burning desire to own much else. I am indeed a lucky guy, to have the cars I want and also a wife who tolerates my car fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEA2 View Post
    You will love it! I have 24,000 miles on mine.

Joe
    Joe, I love the Tungsten Grey, your car is beautiful. Do you have any recommendations on someone in the North Jersey area for servicing the FGT?

I have a Fellow in Wall Township that works on all my cars. The only one that scares him is my 1931 Model A. PM me if you want his info.

Joe

My very first car was a 1930 Model A Town Sedan that I bought for $50.00 when I was 14. I rebuilt the engine and sold it for $350.00 to buy my first motorcycle. Absolutely the simplest engine in the world to work on, these new cars make me nervous to do anything much beyond an oil change!

Thanks for the response on your mechanic, Wall Township might be a longer haul than I would like to do. I bought the factory service manual for the FGT, I am going to see if the guy that works on my Porsche would be willing to apply his talents to the new car.

Bill

Congratulatios Bill .....Enjoy!
    Ton

I believe the Z8 and the Ford GT are the standout classics from the early 2000's. And with the trend toward turbo-boosted, paddle-shifted sports cars, I think they may represent the end of an era. Truthfully, I think I have my personal ultimate collection now, no burning desire to own much else. I am indeed a lucky guy, to have the cars I want and also a wife who tolerates my car fixation.
    +1 on the tolerant wife. To this day though she regrets saying "that's a cute car" when she saw Pierce Brosnan driving the Z8 in The World is not Enough. I took that as permission. Only worked once though!
    2001 BMW Z8
    2014 Porsche Carrera TTS
    2005 Ford GT
    2002 BMW M5
    1972 Chevrolet Blazer
    1972 GMC Jimmy
    1966 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by glord View Post
    +1 on the tolerant wife. To this day though she regrets saying "that's a cute car" when she saw Pierce Brosnan driving the Z8 in The World is not Enough. I took that as permission. Only worked once though!
    +1 I'm blessed to have a car friendly and tolerant wife

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8-NL's Avatar
    same here
    very tolerant and car friendly wife

Aren't all dutch wives tolerant and car friendly Klaus

Great looking 918 btw !!

And what a beautiful colour on that 675LT spider, needless to say that Long Tale makes such a fantastic line !!

you're, like most of us, a lucky man; tolerant wife, great looking cars (and dutch!! that's lucky few stuff )

Oh, that 442 is awesome. I bought a 1966 Buick Gran Sport when I was 17. It has always been my favorite car and I wish I had been able to keep it. Thats great that you did.
    Love the 3.0, that is a wonderful example and certainly top condition. I have owned probably a half dozen in various sub models but none that nice.
    Guess I am with Eric. Just made a trade for this scuderia, sorry no better pics yet but it will be here soon and I can add some better shots.

oooh lala, just saw the 918, what a beauty.

BMW Performance Package
    Brembo BBK
    Dinan stage II suspension
    Dinan Stage II software
    Eisenmann race cat back exhaust
    Qauife Torgue-biasing differential
    3.64 ratio
    20" HRE 541R wheels
    CDV valve delete
    BMW short shift
    Ultimate pedals

Bianco avus

excellent choice on that scud John, highlights the CF parts, black rims and blackened lights !

thanks Eric, great cars, eh?
    Not as user friendly as the Z8 but awfully fun to drive.
    BMW Performance Package
    Brembo BBK
    Dinan stage II suspension
    Dinan Stage II software
    Eisenmann race cat back exhaust
    Qauife Torgue-biasing differential
    3.64 ratio
    20" HRE 541R wheels
    CDV valve delete
    BMW short shift
    Ultimate pedals

I know what you mean, when I'm the driver; it's a bit tricky getting in and out the scud like in a cool manly style that fits the car etc, but I manage by experience. Sometimes my wife drives, because I think she should, then you need to get in and out on the other side; that's something else, you should try the passenger side (that's very akward), first time I tried that I found myself streched on the floor, rolling over in a very strange way. And my wife just laughed, loud and long.

Perhaps not exactly the "other favourite car", it depends on what I am looking for during a drive, but the Carrera GT is for me the yin to the Z8's yang. While the Z8 provides almost effortless driving fun, the CGT demands constant and unwavering focus and attention, and then gives back fair reward. The car constantly reminds you that respect is required.

Gorgeous in red- is that a rare color? Most I have seen have been silver.

Hi boomster, silver was by far the most common (and classic!), and a smaller number cars were made in black, yellow, or red; and then a very small handful in Porsche PTS (paint-to sample) like white or blue or orange.

Just stunning, I saw one exactly like this the other day pass me by on Sunset in Beverly Hills, wasn't you on a drive was it?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Just stunning, I saw one exactly like this the other day pass me by on Sunset in Beverly Hills, wasn't you on a drive was it?
    That must have been some awsome drive from Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosZ8 View Post
    Perhaps not exactly the "other favourite car", it depends on what I am looking for during a drive, but the Carrera GT is for me the yin to the Z8's yang. While the Z8 provides almost effortless driving fun, the CGT demands constant and unwavering focus and attention, and then gives back fair reward. The car constantly reminds you that respect is required.
    Simply stunning Carlos and if I recall correctly similar in color to your SLS. I favor demanding cars like the CGT and the FGT shown in this thread. Thank you for sharing.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Thank you Ed. I had a rare free weekend day recently - that is when I took the CGT pictures - and decided to spend it in the best way possible, driving some of the cars. First up was the Z8, and that drive ended with the thought that the Z8 just never gets old, from the driving to the styling. Next up was the Ferrari Speciale, and that initially seemed to be all about emotion and rawness and passion. And then the CGT, which, by the way, has about the same HP as the Speciale, but the CGT is much lighter. I remember after the drive, exiting the CGT, adrenalin pumping, thinking and questioning how much of the emotion and sound and passion from the Speciale was really just Ferrari electronics and nannies? With the CGT, no question, you are the pilot.

During the Z8 drive with the top down my passenger and I were chatting and enjoying the mountain views. In the Speciale, the conversation was about the sound and the excitement that Ferrari somehow mixed into the Speciale drive for both passenger and driver. In the CGT, I did not talk to her at all - the car demanded full attention.

As of late my other favorite car is my Tesla P85D with Ludicrous upgrade. It's a blast to step on the accelerator and get buried in the seat for a 3.1 sec run to 60 mph or a 1/4 mile time of 11.2. My car club rents out an airport 2x per year and I regularly take down Ferraris and lambos, often with 4 people in the car! The sensation of putting the car on auto pilot is also fun but a little strange. I plan to upgrade in a year to the P100D for the even quicker times (2.4 0-60 and 10.6 1/4) with a range in the 300+ Area.) I still have love for the 3.0csi for those classic drives though.

2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

Perfect colour on the Tesla, but I'm not ready for the full electric myself, classic drives for me please, love the vintage colour combo and that BMW !

Ooo, how cool! A 2002 sleeper—it doesn't event have a tii badge! Well done, lad!

Madly cool, love it!!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.