Thread: While we're waiting.....

While we're waiting.....

I love driving, and while my 'ultimate driving machine' is doing a great impersonation of a two ton paper weight in the garage, I've jumped for this joyous little beasty. It is fully 'tracked out', and has had a year's hard use, making it a super cheap fun day and track day toy.

The top pic shows my new Lizzy at Willow Springs with the Z8 (Fiona) that had the really badly distorted frame. Who'd have thought the little English car that could would have a better aluminum tub than a German car costing five times more!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Last edited by 2112; February 11th 2006 at 02:58. Reason: not appropriate for thread

Z8 Madness

Nice!

The Elise looks awsome in the pics. For a moment it seemed like a Maranello parked next to the Z. Enjoy!
    62050 - Z8

Z8Mania
    I love the Elise- congrats! I told my wife if I was a track junkie this is what Id want- or the Exiege! Congrats Andrew, drive it safely and in good health. Please give us lots of pics and a great report. Actually, I told my wife the Elise is probably as close as you can get to a motorcycle in a car in the US- elsewhere I think the Aerial Atom and Super7s do that. I love the color too.

Great color!

I love the Lotus, but it seems they're all puke yellow. The dark grey looks great and should hide debris hits from the track. Nice addition to your family.

I've been looking at two wheel toys to help pass the time.
    thegunguy

Really nice looking in that color...enjoy! Maybe now I can convert you over to autocross- that car is phenomenal around cones.

I'm really more of a long track - long session guy...

it's how I feed my Le Mans fantasies!! I once got a huge does of the magic when Audi inveited me to go shoot the incredible R8 take it's second crown. Here are my snaps from the trip, I only slept for about 90 minutes in 36 hours, but it was one of the best adventures I've ever had! Autocross is like a sneeze, it's just over too fast for a whole day waiting around.

Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Andrew- you really are terrific with the camera and the production of the photos. Those pictures convey the emotional sense of what Id imagine being there is all about. WOW. I think thats the hardest part for a beginner like me, to get that emotional sense in terms of what colors to bring out, etc.

Thanks Jerry!!

I just got the confirmation this week that my first book is to be published later this year, in time for the holidays. It's called Two Million Miles, and is a non linear series of photoessays of my voyage through the worlds of fashion, music and Hollywood. The chapters include working with the supermodels, touring with U2, making a film with Johnny Depp, amongst many other things.

The book is dedicated to my mother, who died of cancer when I was a kid, so the proceeds will all be going to the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund.

My second book is to be called I'll Race You and will have all the boy stuff we enjoy, including these Le Mans shots
    Andrew Macpherson

Those photos convinced me to try tracking. They're very successful photos in making the viewer truly feel the energy and emotions of the event. Thanks for sharing them. PS- when can we put our orders in for the book? Congrats!!

Congratulations on your book getting published. Sounds like an interesting undertaking. Please let us know when it becomes available - and when you'll be making promotional appearances on the all morning talk shows!

I will be shamelessly plugging it...

Please let us know when it becomes available - and when you'll be making promotional appearances on the all morning talk shows!
    and since the proceeds are going to charity I'm hoping to get a lot of help from the media, TV included.
    Andrew Macpherson

For the former GT3 owner, AM

Andrew,

Here's some shots and info on the 997 GT3 - 415hp and ~3,075lbs!
    http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...2&postcount=12

There are some photos of the 997 Turbo too - a bit too much "look at me" for my taste. Seems like the Porsche developed all of the design elements in isolation from each other rather that building a harmonious design = gaudy. The 996 Turbo just seemed work better, aesthetically. The 997 GT3 doesn?t seem to suffer for the Turbo?s confused design.

PS - put me on the list for the books.
    thegunguy

Thumbs up It looks really nice......

and will look even better in my old color, slate. Thanks so much for sharing the link.

My 996 GT3 was so insanely fast and capable at the track that it really showed me my limits, and they were well, well inside the car's. At our local track (WSIR) I never bettered a 1.36, but Craig Stanton, who comes out with us, could go 8 seconds faster with my rig and say there was still more on the table. I did around 30 track days in the GT3, and I really grew into it. It expanded my ability, but I was never ever going to go any faster than maybe a 1.34 at best! Honesty and humility are the only path in the presence of excellence!

Really no one but a full time pro, or an naturally gifted amateur with a great deal of time and money to develop his/her skill, can drive a GT3 to the maximum of it's ability.

What it did do was get me into a really wonderful group of guys through the excellent Rennlist website, the only place for Porsche lovers on line. When I started tracking the GT3 I was out with a gaggle GT3's GT2's and 360CS's. Literally every single one of those drivers has gone over to the Lotus, because if you are really into tracking there is simply no substitute for lightness. I'm buying my Elise from a 360CS, GT2 & GT3 owner who prefers it to all of his other cars, and is taking delivery of his Exige any day now.

My first day out with it is on Feb 22nd......I can't wait!!!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Talking I am insanely jealous but so, so happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by macfly
    My first day out with it is on Feb 22nd......I can't wait!!!!

congrats on the new wheels, it will be more fun than you can imagine. I had the chance to drive one this fall on our local track here -- incredible is what comes to mind!

Don't forget to shoot some "in car video" of the first time out! Your ChaseCam will mount great into that Elise! Safe driving!
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Just a couple of days away!!

Here are some more snaps of the new 'Liz' with her old owner, and a video of Cort Wagner driving her at WSIR, plus a really amazing lap of Bathurst (NSW).

Liz & Cort & Bathurst

Andrew Macpherson

Wow! That lap at Bathurst looks like great fun.

Talking Looks almost as crazy fun as the 'Ring !

Quote Originally Posted by jawz
    Wow! That lap at Bathurst looks like great fun.

Have fun Andrew with your new mistress "Liz" but make sure Pegah does not get too jealous!
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102