Thread: Monterey 2016: BMW Z8 Write-Ups

Monterey 2016: BMW Z8 Write-Ups

Thanks to ///M Blitz with his vision and drive to see it through, there was a large gathering of Z8s at The Quail event. Here are a couple of write-ups that I found on this event. Beyond the cars, it was a great experience to meet the other Z8 owners assembled from around the US.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...these-z8s.html

http://blog.caranddriver.com/scenes-...photo-gallery/
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

It was so wonderful to see everyone there, and to see the owner group organize such a superb series of events, bravo guys, you all did an amazing job!!

I'll add some of my images here when I have a moment to go though them all, and when I know that they're ok to share, as I was there in an official capacity as one of Roundel's photographers. That gave me the opportunity to drive a Z8 up to Monterey to display at the Legends event. It was both wonderful and a little bitter-sweet, as I was sad not to be with the gang at the Quail, and of course I was reminded of just how much I miss my Z8. After almost 18 months of not driving one, it is still the most wonderful open top car I've ever driven. You are all very lucky lads and lasses to have such a fantastic machine!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Andrew, you probably answered this while I was absent, are you planning to replace your Z8?
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Once I have the financial security and stability to afford another one, absolutely I will :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Last 5 years have been an economic roller coaster for me as well. My profession is going thru a huge paradigm shift. I have been able to hang on but there have been some tough times.

Glad to hear and thank you for continuing to support this site while you are on hiatus.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

DSC Off
    It was my first time to attend The Quail and it was unforgettable. To participate with my own Z8 together with so many other owners was amazing. Thanks Ed for sharing the links to write up's about the Quail event. Here is another I found.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/clas...s-gathering#19

and for posterity here's a screengrab....

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew! You talk about top-down driving, but I have PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE that you drove WITH THE TOP UP (note the poor girl chasing after you to give you directions on lowering the top):

Quote Originally Posted by 01BlueZ8 View Post
    It was my first time to attend The Quail and it was unforgettable. To participate with my own Z8 together with so many other owners was amazing. Thanks Ed for sharing the links to write up's about the Quail event. Here is another I found.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/clas...s-gathering#19

and for posterity here's a screengrab....
    Hey Ken, that looks like your blue Z8 in the Top Gear story
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red