Thread: 2002 Z8 (#61354) One of only two known US VIN Stratus/Red cars with just 2800 miles - sold $279,950

2002 Z8 (#61354) One of only two known US VIN Stratus/Red cars with just 2800 miles - sold $279,950

I have no affiliation to this car, but it's exceptionally rare and IMHO very desirable color combo, and super low miles make it both newsworthy and well worth the share. If I was a lotto winner I'd have it in a heartbeat! Here is the link and for history's sake here too is the dealer's blurb......

Only 2,789 miles on this truly pristine 2002 BMW Z8 Roadster. This One-Owner, Museum Quality automotive masterpiece is stunning both in and out. Exquisitely finished in Stratus Grey Metallic over an impeccable interior of soft Sport Red leather with Black accents - 1 of only 12 crafted in this color combination. The Z8 is powered by the same racing-derived 5.0L V8 engine of M5 fame, developing 394hp/368lb-ft, and delivering power through a proper 6-speed manual gearbox. A limited production instant collectible, the Z8 is a highly desired high-performance convertible, and this example is in outstanding, 'As New' condition throughout. BMW USA imported less than 550 of these incredible convertibles in 2002 and this is an extremely low-miles and unbelievably well-kept example of BMW's iconic Z8 roadster. If you're in the market for one the most desirable cars ever built, then this is a Must See BMW - this example is certainly among the finest in existence.

Taking design cues from BMW's renowned 507 of the 1950's, the Z8 is instantly recognizable for its unique aesthetics. The Stratus Metallic paint is accentuated by the 507-inspired horizontal front grille & side vents. Inside the cabin, this Z8's interior, with vintage BMW styling cues, is dressed in supple Sport Red Nappa hides throughout with Black accenting, and features; heated sport seats, auto-dimming mirrors, unique center-mounted instrumentation, Harman/Kardon premium sound system, and GPS navigation. Further features include Xenon head lamps, neon tail lamps, Silver interior trim and a push-button ignition. It also features 18-inch wheels.

This exemplary Z8 is also accompanied by the body-color hardtop and stand with dust cover, the original BMW car cover, and even the original Z8 coffee table book. The window sticker, owners books, spare key and service records are included as well. Pacific Northwest car from new.

For more information, or to arrange for a private viewing of this extremely low miles and uber-rare 2002 BMW Z8, contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable sales consultants today or feel free to drop by our 5-acre Park Place Center in Bellevue, WA.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

It's local to me! Perhaps Norcal and I can stop by during his visit this weekend!

For sure, please do and let me know what you think of it :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Park Place also has another Z8 on their site - without photos - Silver/Black with 12K miles for $200K: AH61881

Mein Gott! I love me some red interior, but....

Those black floor mats look sharp with the Sport red interior! Might have to get me a set...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Those black floor mats look sharp with the Sport red interior! Might have to get me a set...

Bill
    A few of us with the sport red interior also have the coco car mats in black with red dots. I love the retro look and durability.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

This car sold for within a whisker of it's asking price, and I'd say it was a very fair deal for all involved. It was also rumored to have been owned by Paul Allen of Microsoft fame since new, so it really is an even more storied and rare beast!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    My wifes Sister car!!! We thought hers was the only Stratus/Red/Black in the US.. Great sale price....