Thread: Various Parts & Accessories

Various Parts & Accessories

I'm going through my archive of spare parts and accessories.

Genuine BMW Boot Fork Repair Kit (54347057683) - 1 set, $25
    These are the two plastic forks that secure the boot cover in the center. They tend to snap when you least expect it. Stock was running in short supply some time ago. So, I bought 2 sets.

Complete Final Drive Assembly - $800
    Back in 2006 I upgraded to the Cartridge-Quaife Limited Slip Differential and 3.64 gears. To make the install as easy as possible, I ordered a remanufactured complete final drive (carrier, diff, gears, etc.) from BMW Germany. That unit was gutted to build Cartridge unit. Then I pulled the original complete final drive from my car, and the new unit was installed. The unit being sold is my original Final Drive with about 5,000 miles of usage. If you're looking to do an LSD build or just have a back up unit (I know of one that failed in May of 2015), this would be a good unit to store away.
    thegunguy

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    I'm going through my archive of spare parts and accessories.

Covercraft DUSTSTOP car cover
    (Z8 specific) - $100
    This thing lives up to its name. It's great for an indoor cover to keep your Z8 dust free while being stored.

Cockpit Cover from Roadster Solutions (Z8 specific) - $60
    Used once. Great for covering the cabin on a drive if you don't want to take off the boot and put the top up.

Orange Safety Vest (unopened) w/ Z8 Club logo - $10

Hello Rifle, I would like to purchase both covers and the the safety vest. Thanks.
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Rifle, if it's not too much trouble for one item, I'd like to get one boot fork repair kit. Ted

Dirk & Ted. Noted, I'll reach out vie email or PM.
    thegunguy

I would love to get the CDV delete.

Skip

CDV Delete Valve from Zeckhausen - $50
    If you haven't done this mod yet, it's a must. The Z8 comes with a valve that slows down the clutch engagement. It's the enemy of smooth and performance shifting. This little part is a hollowed out fitting, which eliminates the valve. I'm just now sure how how I ended up with a spare.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

PMs and Emails sent to each of you, and original post updated.
    thegunguy

SOLD: I have a Cockpit Cover from Roadster Solutions (Z8 specific) available if you want one and missed Rifle’s. Also used once and in like-new condition.
    Last edited by KenZ8; May 29th 2016 at 16:28. Reason: sold

I have a set of stock suspension available if anyone is looking. Not sure if it has the sway bars. Need to dig it out.

Shipments going out this morning, guys. Sorry for the delay...been wrapped up.
    thegunguy

If you've got parts to sell, definitely setup a specific thread. To keep things organized, I'll be refining this one as things sell, and when they're gone, I'll be closing. I'd hate to for anyone to miss stuff that you need to part out by my housekeeping.
    thegunguy

Z8 Novice
    I'd like to buy the med kit. Please email me paypal instructions. Thank you!

EK @ EABMW dot Com

Quote Originally Posted by EAG View Post
    I'd like to buy the med kit. Please email me paypal instructions. Thank you!

EK @ EABMW dot Com
    I sent an email requesting address. Once I have that, I'll send the kit out in a few days, and I'll send a Paypal request after I have the actual shipping cost. Thanks!
    thegunguy

Still available:

These are the two plastic forks that secure the boot cover in the center. They tend to snap when you least expect it. Stock was running in short supply some time ago. So, I bought 2 sets.

Genuine BMW Front Grill Assembly (Left and Right) - $400/set
    I bought these pieces as spares for painting my original grill inserts silver (greatly improves the appearance on dark cars). These pieces are spares so that I could take the car back to as delivered in the future. I like having options. Includes left and right chrome assemblies and the black plastic inserts.

Complete Final Drive Assembly - $1,500
    Back in 2006 I upgraded to the Cartridge-Quaife Limited Slip Differential and 3.64 gears. To make the install as easy as possible, I ordered a remanufactured complete final drive (carrier, diff, gears, etc.) from BMW Germany. That unit was gutted to build Cartridge unit. Then I pulled the original complete final drive from my car, and the new unit was installed. The unit being sold is my original Final Drive with about 5,000 miles of usage. If you're looking to do an LSD build or just have a back up unit (I know of one that failed in May of 2015), this would be a good unit to store away.
    thegunguy

Hi,

Just bought myself Black Apina, interested in the chrome Front grill assembly? if still available. When you said chrome, meaning bright silver and not black? Sorry, I meant the grill inserts for both LH and RH chrome finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Koh View Post
    Hi,

Just bought myself Black Apina, interested in the chrome Front grill assembly? if still available. When you said chrome, meaning bright silver and not black? Sorry, I meant the grill inserts for both LH and RH chrome finished?
    No. This is the standard grill – chrome bezel with black plastic ribs. If you're looking to have the ribs chromed, you could have it done to this piece and swap out the inserts. That way you have the original pieces, should you want to refer to stock.
    thegunguy

Thanks gunguy. Z8 at the moment is with Matt Carver at Peter Pan BMW to install PP etc. I can EFT payment today, please provide your bank details and hopefully you can send item to him before it gets back to Scottdales Sport for shipment.
    Also, I desperately needed a set of Euro tail lights to be road legal here, do you know where or who I can contact to get a pair?

Hi Rifle,
    You can reach out to me on my email: [email protected]. Cheers Peter

Bump:

Free hardtop ceiling hoist added

Price on final-drive assembly reduced
    thegunguy

Bump:

Free hardtop ceiling hoist added

Price on final-drive assembly reduced
    May I have the hardtop ceiling hoist?
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Hey all,

Sorry for the longstanding need for maintenance on this thread. Updated!

Just two items remain:

Complete Final Drive Assembly - $800

I also have a bag of 10 or so random plastic clips/pop fasteners that I'll throw in with either item for free.
    thegunguy

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Hi Rifle, I gladly take the plastic forks.
    Thanks!

Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com