Thread: 2002 Z8 (#61319) Silver/Black with 44k miles - Sold

2002 Z8 (#61319) Silver/Black with 44k miles - Sold

I am bringing this really lovely and well cared for driver's Z8 with 20" motorsport rims to market.

I have already done a comprehensive and very detailed full buyers inspection of 61319, which I will be happy to share with any serious buyer, along with a Dropbox with 143 very detailed images.

61319 to be an exceptional car in beautiful condition, but of course she shows the minor marks you might expect of a well loved but driven 44,000 mile car. She has been with her current custodian since 2011, when she was lovingly refreshed by Peter Pan BMW, who also fitted the Performance Package. She was then moved to SoCal where she is currently based, and comes with a complete and detailed service history, and exhibits none of the troubling issues that the Z8 is prone to.

She now has....
    New dash
    New Head Lights
    New Brakes
    New Tires
    New Belts/hoses
    New Valve cover gaskets
    New Radiator reservoir
    As well as lots of the small plastic pieces that weren’t perfect

All the electrical/lighting/heating/AC systems, switches, and functions are working perfectly, and the current owner has replaced both the headlamps and the dashboard during his five years as 61319's careful custodian. The car has the very nice 20" Motorsport rims, and comes with the original rims, which are included in the sale.

In summary 61319 is a stunning driver's car, and at its new price of $162,500 and absolute bargain.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    She's a beautiful example, Andrew. I'm smitten with the 20" rims and might have to consider for my silver/red. Also, was the console modified as there are two small red lights and a button in front of the shifter that I don't recall seeing on any other Z8.
    Lastly, have the challenges of shipping US spec Z8's been overcome for the most part? (I wonder more because my 2001 is one of the gray market cars and I'd thought perhaps that might lend a smidge of value.)

Quote Originally Posted by jdillane View Post
    She's a beautiful example, Andrew. I'm smitten with the 20" rims and might have to consider for my silver/red. Also, was the console modified as there are two small red lights and a button in front of the shifter that I don't recall seeing on any other Z8.
    Lastly, have the challenges of shipping US spec Z8's been overcome for the most part? (I wonder more because my 2001 is one of the gray market cars and I'd thought perhaps that might lend a smidge of value.)
    Rocket Launcher control by the shifter - you don't have it?

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

It's the built in radar detector, I totally forgot to mention that in the sales blurb, and I don't believe it is any easier or harder to export a US VINN to Europe than it had been, but of course it'll be easier to send an EU car 'home'.
    Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off
    Beautiful car Andrew, at a very fair price I think.

Z8 Novice

Still available?

Hi Andrew and team,

Is this gorgeous one still available?
    Thank you for your attention.

Best, Herve

Yes, it is. It's a really gorgeous and very usable example that I have a full report on, and would not hesitate to recommend.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Yes, it is. It's a really gorgeous and very usable example that I have a full report on, and would not hesitate to recommend.
    Many thanks, Andrew. PM sent to your Inbox. Wish you a lovely day!

Team Z8
    For awhile now I'd thought that style wheel was too busy for the smooth Z8 lines, but those pictures are really starting to change my mind...it's beautiful example of the car.

You know I'm a huge fan of the Motorsport rim on the Z8, I got indoctrinated into them by the guys in Munich, as in Germany there are very strict rules about what rims you can use on any given car, and it's one of the few TUV approved alternatives over there.

This lovely car comes with both sets of rims, the perfect stock ones are also included.
    Andrew Macpherson

This gorgeous car is still on the market, and the owner has lowered the price to $155,000
    Andrew Macpherson