Thread: Sports & Exotic Car March 2016 Issue

Sports & Exotic Car March 2016 Issue

I stopped in my tracks after picking up the mail today because the Z8 is featured by Sports & Exotic Car magazine in two write ups in the March 2016 issue! In the first article the Z8 is mentioned as one of BMW's top 21 most important cars. In the second story: "Z8 Buyer's Guide", both Andrew and Peter Pan BMW's Matt Carver are widely quoted.

I'll request Matt's autograph of my copy next week when I take my car in for service.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

I haven't read it yet, but I, too, was pleasantly surprised to see it on the cover when I received my copy today. Incidentally, this publication, Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car, is one of my favorite car magazines. For those not familiar with it, it focuses on vintage and collectible imported cars, including some fairly obscure ones, and does a Buyers Guide each month on one particular car.

Bill

Happy to hear it's out, can't wait to get my copy when I get back home in Feb.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Boomster say: "Incidentally, this publication, Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car, is one of my favorite car magazines."

Mine, too!

: )

Satch, you need to update your column photo to include Buffy.

Bill

Picture of the Buffer

I try to keep my BMW connection at a low profile in Hemmings. But here's a picture of Buffy...

... in the new garage. Yes, that's an epoxy floor. Yes, those are skim-coated white walls. Yes, that's an electrical socket. Yes, it is merely a rented space, I don't own it....

Could anyone publish a pdf version of the articles mentioned above? Thanks!
    ------------------------
    Regards,
    Bruno

2003 Stratus/Crema

Quote Originally Posted by bclaude View Post
    Could anyone publish a pdf version of the articles mentioned above? Thanks!
    Copywrite laws probably prohibit a PDF, but after a month or two I'll attach the link to the online versions of the articles.
    My Best,

Ed

Excellent, thanks!
    ------------------------
    Regards,
    Bruno

2003 Stratus/Crema

Interesting about the "Munich's 21 Most Important Cars" article is that there is no mention of the e30 M3 (the most overrated BMW ever - sorry to owners here, just my opinion), but includes the e36 M3; Yes! There was also no mention of the e32 750, which was the first seven to really put BMW in contention in the big sedan realm; includes the e21, Z3 and X5, but excludes the e30 (any).

Of course, Z8 was one of the 21 most important 21.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Autographed Copy

With the service on the Z8 completed yesterday at Peter Pan BMW, I requested and received Matt Carver's autograph on my March 2016 copy of Sports & Exotic Car magazine. I am thrilled that Matt has been recognized for his knowledge of the Z8. Now I just need to request Andrew's signature to complete my issue .

My Best,

Ed

Well, if you bring that issue to Monterey, Ed, I'm sure he'll sign it for you there. And I'll happily deface the last page!

: )

Thanks Satch! And for the chuckle too!
    My Best,

Ed

I can't wait to see it, sitting in Auckland airport right now, about to re-enter reality after the best 5 weeks of adventure ever!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks to this thread I just subscribed myself.
    Richard Armstrong
    Alpina 134/555
    #62178 Silver // Black

[QUOTE=///M Blitz;50624]Interesting about the "Munich's 21 Most Important Cars" article is that there is no mention of the e30 M3 (the most overrated BMW ever - sorry to owners here, just my opinion), but includes the e36 M3; Yes! There was also no mention of the e32 750, which was the first seven to really put BMW in contention in the big sedan realm; includes the e21, Z3 and X5, but excludes the e30 (any).]

The e21, really? My heart swoons. They are usually derided as a yuppie aberration between the 2002 and the e30, both nice cars, but the porridge too hot in the earlier and too cold in the latter for my taste. Maybe I am not insane in finally having the engine pulled for rebuild on my 320i daily driver since I bought her new in 1983....until hopefully forever.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

Didn't see that coming

I started to read the May 2017 issue of Sports & Exotic Car today when I saw an enclosed note stating that this would be the last issue because Hemmings's didn't want to jeopardize its other publications given the changing print business. I will miss this monthly magazine and its approach to reporting on special cars, and the people behind these vehicles. It was another opportunity too for reading a story by Satch.
    My Best,

Ed

I was also disappointed to read that they are shutting down. Probably my favorite old-car magazine. Luckily, we still have the opportunity to sample Satch's droll humor right here!
    Bill

I will be looking for a replacement for Hemmings Sports & Exotic Cars, and would be interested to learn what exotic/classic/collectible car magazines are popular with forum members?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by EDEZ8 View Post
    Copywrite laws probably prohibit a PDF, but after a month or two I'll attach the link to the online versions of the articles.
    https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hs...e/3749496.html

https://www.hemmings.com/store/detail?product_id=2290
    My Best,

Ed