Thread: 507 Coming up at RM Auctions on 12/10

507 Coming up at RM Auctions on 12/10

It will be interesting to see what this baby will go for (estimate $2,300,000 - $2,600,000):

http://rmsothebys.com/ny15/new-york-...ies-ii/1078389
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

I hope to go to the auction this week (as a spectator). When RM held this same auction in NYC two years ago, a 507 went for about $1.6m, which was a higher than expected result at that point in time. As you say, it will be interesting to see if they have gone up another million bucks in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    I hope to go to the auction this week (as a spectator). When RM held this same auction in NYC two years ago, a 507 went for about $1.6m, which was a higher than expected result at that point in time. As you say, it will be interesting to see if they have gone up another million bucks in two years.
    Sounds like a great time! I have never been to a high end auction, but do have it on my list of things to do. Take some pictures if you go to post here (if you can).
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Enjoy Bill! ....and there must be a tiny space somewhere in your garage to park the car !?? ;-)
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Take some pix and tell us all!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Due to a schedule conflict I ended up going to the RM Sotheby's auction preview today instead of the actual auction which is to be held tomorrow (Thursday). As was the case with the inaugural Sotheby's NYC auction two years ago, all of the cars presented were spectacular. The 507 was a black on red 1959 car, which had some patina to it, probably a strong #2 car. There was also a white BMW M1 being offered, in #1 condition. There were two "star" cars, one being Janis Joplins psychedelic Porsche 356 convertible, which was probably a #3 car but the provenance and unique paint job makes it unique. The other was a magnificent 1955 Ferrari race car, built specifically for Juan Manuel Fangio, but also raced in-period by a who's-who of 1950's era drivers. Most of the cars were from the 1950's and 60's, virtually all were european.

The auction is tomorrow afternoon, it will be interesting to see if the 507 achieves the $2.3-$2.6m estimate.

Bill

Z8 Novice
    Do you suppose the replacement engine will have an affect on the price?

I didn't pick up on the replacement engine, but one would have to assume that it would have an effect on the price.

For those who might be interested, the RM Sothebys auction NYC is currently be streamed live at the link below:

http://rmsothebys.com/auctions/live-...ZXQ%3d&urlid=4

The 507 was a no-sale at a high bid of $1.9m. The M1 was also a no sale at $675k. The Fangio Ferrari sold at $25.5m which was below the low estimate of $28m, while the Janis Joplin Porsche Cabriolet blew past the estimated price of $400k-$600k to sell for $1.6m (plus 10% commission).

Wow, the no sales are interesting, I'd have thought those would have been shoo-ins based on the pix.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.