Thread: Why not pick up a second Z8 for $378,900

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Why not pick up a second Z8 for $378,900

Is this 2015 or 2001 California Billionaire competition to get a Z8? Don't worry. You can choose from any of 8 of them they are selling in Ohio. They are even asking the same price for an Alpina. Hey, you don't have to bother learning how to use a stick shift if you do that.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...bmw/z8/1100272

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

More power to them if they can get prices like that. A rising tide raises all boats!

Bill

Marshall Goldman has had those cars since about February this year. The prices were actually higher in the spring.

I think they are pretty much defining the top of the Z8 market these days. I was recently asked to value a very low mileage car, and I used their prices as the benchmark against which to set it's maximum value.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Am I the only one getting a bit uncomfortable with these values going up? Rapidly appreciating cars have a past history of foreboding bursts of economic bubbles. I find little benefit from our cars appreciating, since I have no plan to sell my car during this time (in fact, we can probably predict a downturn by watching for when I do sell - assuming I can't figure out a way to be buried in it).
    I am now just a bit more nervous in driving my car. With a car more valuable seemingly by the month, I find myself putting my top up when I make a stop, since attraction to any sophisticated local Z8 thief is greater. Not to mention that the insurance is more expensive. I guess I picked the wrong car to stay "under the radar".

Team Z8
    It would seem to me that theft of the Z8 is less a worry then with most other cars because of it's limited production number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bend View Post
    Rapidly appreciating cars have a past history of foreboding bursts of economic bubbles.
    Ted, hang on to your hat. We're in the midst of the greatest real estate bubble I've ever seen in my 35 years as an investor. Values that only make sense in this interest rate environment. This can only end up one way and when real estate goes...
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Z8 Novice
    If you were to sell your car at today's prices, what would you do with the money? I can't find anything I like better at any price. These cars are fun, reliable and beautiful. What is there that would be a better replacement. I think in terms of what I paid and not what I can currently get in the market. I plan to drive mine to 1,000,000 miles and the kids can worry about the resale. Life is short, have fun everyday

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Blitz View Post
    Ted, hang on to your hat. We're in the midst of the greatest real estate bubble I've ever seen in my 35 years as an investor. Values that only make sense in this interest rate environment. This can only end up one way and when real estate goes...
    I'm just about to contract a commercial office building... Built in the 1800s... I think it will be fine. As long as I don't need to sell, price dip doesn't matter... Right?

Sport Button On
    they know what they are doing. That is where I got mine. They always have a few in stock.

Z8 Novice
    The fact of the matter is that all "investment grade" automobiles are in an appreciation loop right now. American and European classics, as auctioned at places like Mecum, are selling at previously unattainable prices. Certain asset classes, such as real estate, stock market, fine wine, art, and automobiles, are deluged with easy money, thanks to central bankers printing more and more in a race to the bottom. Economies are teetering and countries want their currencies depreciated and cheap to keep exports thriving, jobs humming and factories operating. The elephants are growing restless, and this circus will end eventually and badly.