Thread: 2002 BMW Z8 (#61837) Red/Black w/8.9K Miles AH61837

Z8 Novice

2002 BMW Z8 (#61837) Red/Black w/8.9K Miles AH61837

Hello Fellow Z8 Board Members!

We've recently acquired a fairly rare and super high quality Z8. Please feel free to email or call with any questions, lots of detailed information available upon request.

Description:

Bright Red over Black Leather, Super Clean, Low-Mileage, 2-Owner Z8! 8,943 Actual Miles. All Original Accessories Included! Incredibly rare and highly sought after color combination, 1 of only 137 built in this color combo globally. Accessories Include: Coffee Table Book, Black Boot Cover, Wind Deflector, Original Window Sticker, All Keys with Leather Key Pouch, Cup Holder, Hard Top Stand, Hardtop Cover, Rear Window Protective Cloth, Z8 Car Cover, Complete Tool Kit, First Aid Kit, BMW Battery Tender and Leather Bound Owner’s Manual. Previous service history included.

Stock condition with no modifications or changes. Late 2002 Production Date: 06/03/2002. The condition of this Z8 is fantastic. The exterior paint is all original and without significant imperfection. The interior is clean with supple leather + no visible wear areas. Stunningly clean body and spotless undercarriage with no signs of rust or corrosion. The frame and shock towers have been thoroughly inspected and are 100% straight and correct.

Enthusiast Auto Group has completed our Comprehensive Pre-Purchase Inspection and is performing our Work Order ensuring this Z8 is a turn-key, needs-nothing car! Service Order Highlights Include a Complete 10-year Service which includes: Engine Oil + Filter Change, Transmission Fluid Change, Differential Fluid Change, Coolant Flush, Brake Fluid Flush, Power Steering Fluid Flush, Engine Air Filter and Fuel Filter Replacement. Additional EAG updates include a reconditioned rear-view mirror to correct auto-dim functionality and new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

Clean Vehicle History Report with No Accidents, No Issues + No Drama - All VIN Tags Intact. Non-Smoker, Never Abused or Driven Hard. Serious Inquiries from US Residents Only - Exportation of EAG cars breaks our buy-back offer. Please Call or email to obtain a Pre-Purchase Inspection Report, Build Sheet, Condition Related Details, Vehicle History and 100+ Detailed Photos; 513-554-1BMW (1269)

More details: www.EABMW.com

Offered at $249,990

Lovely combo and a great price!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Sold for asking to a new home in Michigan.

Well done, Eric! As a dealer, what is your assessment of the Z8 market today- strengthening, stable, declining? What do you consider to be the mileage break point between an "investment quality" and a "driver quality" Z8? Despite conventional wisdom that it is bad for a car not to be driven, it appears the marketplace still places a significant premium on a sub-5,000 mile car. What exterior and interior colors seem to be most in demand? No plans for selling mine, just curious how the marketplace differentiates between a $165k car and a $250k car.

Bill

Z8 Novice
    Hi Bill - We've had about 50 Z8s or so at this point. Sadly, when offered a car for purchase, we say no much more often than yes based on our strict quality control standards. That said, there are some very great well preserved original Z8s still out there like this red one. EAG is more of a toy store than a dealership and take great pride in that fact.

Market: I see it as "alive and well". The average level of quality for sale today is a fair bit lower than it was 12-24 months ago. With higher prices many average examples have come out of the woodwork and many average examples have sold for rather strong numbers to uninformed buyers (aka cars with frame fatigue). I think 40-50% of the cars we are offered with 20K+ miles on them do not pass the quarter test checking for frame fatigue.

Mileage Status/Color Combos: It is my opinion that any Z8 w/sub 9K miles is the strongest “investment grade” car. Anything 10K miles through 20K miles is your low mileage driver/collectible. You can use and enjoy it sparingly and whether it has 13K miles or 17K miles, it comes down the condition, history, completeness of accessories and most importantly, color combo. We all know Silver/Black is the vanilla pudding price baseline. Red interior will bump the price by $5-10K every day. Black exterior while rarer than silver, is a bear to maintain and many buyers will simply not want that level of responsibility, thus they sell for just a bit more than Silver Z8s all things equal. All other color combos will sell for the strongest money in today’s market. I personally place the highest value on Topaz/Crema with Red/Crema right behind it. I’ve had more calls wanting these color combos than any other configuration.

Regarding the 20K+ mile Z8s, color combo will still trump all other variables, but the condition factor will have the wildest range. Having had quite a few Z8s between 30-125K miles, they will stand the test of time with the right checkbook behind them. On average, we invest $15,000 into the reconditioning on every 20K+ mile example we’ve sold in the last three years. This program readies the car for the next 10-years of enjoyment. My service team is super-skilled with all the common repairs at this point, name it and they have done it. We’ve had quite a few owners ship their cars to us for the full treatment with great success.

Hope this is helpful.

Congrats on the sale!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks for the insights, Eric. Your statistic on cars flunking the quarter test is a bit disconcerting and certainly reinforces (pun intended) the importance of getting the Performance Package installed. I wonder how many forum members will run out to their garage and check their hood-to-fender gaps after reading this!

I hope EAG continues to thrive in the new year, I enjoy visiting your website periodically to check out the inventory. Like you say, pretty much a toy store for BMW enthusiasts.

Bill