Thread: Hard Top Fabric Unglue

Z8 Novice

Hard Top Fabric Unglue

Hi, i own a z8 alpina silver, i took my car to braman motors, west palm beach on january of 2015 to be fix and repair many things to keep the car in perfect condition, they order all the part from germany and after a couple of weeks i went to see how advance the work was, i ask to see my car and the took me to the parking lot under the hot sun of florida, my car was allways inside air conditioning (never under the sun) after they finnish their work that took them 1 months i took the car back home and i realize the fabric from the hard top inside of the car is all loose and unglue, anyone has this problem???? any suggestions how to be fix???

Should be an eady fix. Any upholsterer could do the job. First the inner liner should be removed from the hardtop shell. Then they will have to lift up the fabric from the liner and apply glue to the liner. Then they will use the same original fabric to cover the liner.
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Z8 Novice
    Thank you for your advice i really appreciated, zed8.

When I bought my car the headliner was detached from the hard top. I recently had it replaced at my local BMW dealer here in Alabama. The service department foreman had a lot of experience with headliner and convertible top repair (although not with Z8), and he did a great job. Of interest, the parts guy looked up the supply of original fabric headliners, and found 20 available (some black and some tan material) at $459 each. They ordered one for me and it arrived in a roll, with the fabric and foam backing. They installed it with no problems although they had to order additional fabric for the rear window shelf for it to match. The total for the repair was $1942. I have attached some before, during, after photos.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Great job!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

DSC Off
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing.