Thread: Any Flickr users here?

Any Flickr users here?

A few years ago I stumbled onto a group on Flickr named "BMW Z8 - Classic of the future". I slowly started adding photos of my car into the group. I was never sure who created the group but he is no longer on Flickr. I ended up being a moderator of the group and then became the administrator once the original admin left Flickr.

Fast forward to now, I just ended up selling my car so it would be great if a Flickr user and Z8 owner could become admin of this group. If you're interested post here or send a pm.

Here's a link to the group...

https://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/

Here's a shot of my car heading to it's new home...

Times are a changing all round. My Z8 has also now gone, and I'll soon be handing the reins over to a new admin here too.

If you have kids, don't ever let them consider photography as a career! Today everybody is a photographer, the craft I studied and trained so hard to master is no more, it's been swept away in the digital revolution. My passion and my expertise is now pretty much worthless because today everyone's an expert, or at least good enough to bluff it, and the technology won't let you fail.

This isn't such a shock, I've seen the changes coming for a long time, but all the things I tried to offset the realty haven't born fruit, so it means the time of toys is past for me. As I now prepare to sell my house I'll be putting all my Z8 memorabilia up for sale, so please understand that the reason the prices are going to be set a little high is because I hope to try to generate as much as I can for the rocky road ahead.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sad news Andrew ....very sad news
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Andrew - No more Z8? I can't believe it - it just sounds "so wrong" coming from you. As far as photography goes, true professionals like yourself will always be needed and will be in demand. While digital photography and digital aids will help us hobbyists, there is no comparison to a professional shot. Furthermore, as the world has become more visual due ever increasing use of computers, tablets, and phones, it is increasingly important for one to differentiate and be noticed through capturing images.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Andrew, good people are always in demand! This board has been a great asset for me. You were the Z8 ambassador and I know that a lot of people will miss that. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by zilver8 View Post
    Andrew, good people are always in demand! This board has been a great asset for me. You were the Z8 ambassador and I know that a lot of people will miss that. Best of luck.
    Those are my feelings as well Andrew. Selfishly I would love to have you continue your stewardship of the BMW Z8, at the same time I feel any endeavor you choose next will benefit from your passion and dedication.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

It seems my original message got off track as Andrew was selling his car also. So I thought I would ask again if there are any Flicker users here. I don't want the Z8 group on Flicker to vanish as there are lots of good shots there.

Flicker is free!!! If you are interested in being the admin for the Flicker group "Z8- classic of the future" let me know.

Here's a link to the Flicker page:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/

If you are interested in being the admin for the Flicker group "Z8- classic of the future" let me know.
    What is the job description of the admin?
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Ton, it's super easy. Flicker is all user guided. About once a week, search the Flicker pool for Z8 photos and invite them to the group. That's it.