Thread: News from the Z8 club

News from the Z8 club

Maybe a reason to become a member of the international Z8 club.

Update on Tail Lights BMW Classic has found a new manufacturer for our tail lights, and quality assurance has been concluded successfully. Production will start by the end of June. Until end of July, all backlogs will be handled, and then a stock will be produced. In addition, intensive efforts are made to reduce the price per tail light dramatically. We will keep you updated on this topic.
    The Board had submitted a comprehensive letter to BMW Classic Management underlining our position regarding delivery dates and pricing
    Z8 Floor mats – Survey for special order
    For some time now, only black floor mats could be obtained from BMW. Other colors are no longer available. We have now stimulated a discussion within BMW to reproduce these carpets under the condition that the Club purchases a quantity large enough to make production economical for BMW. We now need to know whether you are interested in such a reproduction in colors other than black, and how many sets of mats you would be willing to order. As the price is yet unknown this survey is not binding and will serve only to determine interest and quantities.
    I am not affiliated to the club: I am nothing more than a member. But I think a strong club will be a strong partner in the contacts with BMW classic. It will preserve our car/investment for the future.
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

I let my membership lapse a couple of years ago because of the Jurgen fiasco and have not renewed. I'm interested in a set of red mats. How can this be communicated to the Club?
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

I'm interested in a set of red mats. How can this be communicated to the Club?
    Maybe by getting a new membership
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    Why let the very few ex-members of the club affect your membership today? They are gone. The club remains and helps maintain the car