Thread: Tesla P85D

Tesla P85D

Well I decided today to see what the future holds and will order a Tesla p85D later this afternoon. I initially was not a fan but the they have upped the build quality with a better interior/seats and creature comforts. The acceleration (0-60 in 3.1 seconds is mind blowing) the silence is a bit eerie like driving the worlds biggest golf cart but you soon get used to it. The other odd thing is the regenerative braking feature allows you to drive basically using the accelerator (actually a potentiometer) so you rarely touch the brakes. The sales person has told me that tesla has yet to change brakes on a model S.
    I was the last person to think I would be jumping on the green bandwagon but the car is well thought out and spacious for a daily driver. The performance aspect was the icing on the cake. You can go on YouTube and watch a guy in my car club embarrass a lot of very high priced machinery in drag races( lambos, Porsches , Ferraris) I will never give up my Z8 but I am willing to embrace the new. I did consider the I8 but it was just to small.
    Any thoughts, any one else have one?
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

A friend bought a P85 version over a year ago and he still loves his Tesla. I recently asked about the milage between charges thinking that the range would decrease over time as the batteries were cycled, but the exact opposit was true due to the many incremental improvements made in the software. Enjoy!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

I use a Tesla engined RAV4 electric car as my daily driver and love being all electric. I don't do that many miles, just hit 7k after a year, and it's all super short runs around town, the kind of driving that destroys internal combustion engines and makes the most pollution. I'm excited to see the Tesla suv that's coming out soon, that's almost certainly going to be my next daily driver..

On top of that I really do like supporting such a visionary man and company, it's a wonderful American story and it's built right here in California.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    A friend has had his p85d for a couple of months now and absolutely loves it... drives it more than his carrera 4s. You will have to let us know how spirited it is compared to what we know with the Z8.

Good luck!

I took delivery of an S85 in June of last year. Best car I have ever owned. Quiet, fast, roomy daily driver. Range limitations not an issue for the type of driving I do. Kind of upset about that I did not know about the AWD & auto pilot or I would have waited. Over air software updates are great. Issues if you can call them that are: No spare tire, intermittent wipers have a mind of their own, cup holder oddly placed, non locking glove box ( supposed to fix with a valet mode update), no coat hook ( I found a solution). Really, no problems and have never been back to store since I took delivery. Most fun: Name any song, no matter how obscure, and the internet radio will find it for you. Another great feature is the phone app. In winter, I preheat car before I leave office. Love that! Be wary of 21" wheels, anywhere there are potholes, you WILL be fixing them. Go to Tesla Motor Club forum, Very informative, Just like this one. Enjoy. My car: S85 Metallic Blue/Tan leather, Matt obeche wood, tech package, ambient lighting

Put the deposit down tonight. Tesla shook up their model line a couple of days ago. No more 65kw or rear drive only cars unless special ordered. Three new exterior colors added. ( I chose the brand new medium to dark blue metallic as opposed to their midnight blue.)They dropped the base price a grand or so and reconfigured the option lists. I should get it late May early April. Now for a plate. Someone already snagged NIKOLI but NICKOLI or NICOLI still available. Maybe IONDRIVE or RUNSILNT.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    cdv modifacation
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

DSC Off
    I have a couple of clients with Teslas and they couldn't be happier. I've gotten to drive one of them quite a bit and I'm nothing but extremely impressed with every aspect.

Gar

Z8 Novice
    How about VOLTAR?

DSC Off
    I was fortunate enough to get a few acceleration runs in a P85D at the old El Toro MCAS yesterday. I didn't get to drive the car, but I can only say that when he toggled the screen over to "Insane" and stomped on it, it was unlike anything I've ever been in. Anything. Apparently the Aventador and the new Turbo S are a little quicker 0-60, and I haven't been in either one of those. Everything else is going to be looking at Tesla tail lights. It handled extremely well considering the size too. The driver was very skilled and could put it in a nice four wheel drift.
    You will giggle like a schoolgirl the first time you get in one of these.

Gar

Sadly I won't have the car in time for our spring runway drag events with my club. Tesla just downloaded another update which drops the 0- 60 times from 3.14 to 3.05. Supposedly tesla has seen 2.7 on their test track but will roll out the updates incrementally or maybe not at all if the insurance companies have a say. I have been in the911 turbo for 1/4 mile runs which felt similar but a buddy has a 1200 hp GTR and that was truly frightening.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    cdv modifacation