Thread: 2001 Z8 (#60664) Topaz Blue, black interior - 98,000 miles - Sold

Z8 Novice

2001 Z8 (#60664) Topaz Blue, black interior - 98,000 miles - Sold

I purchased this car in 2005 with 31,000 miles. It has since been meticulously maintained and includes all records. It is in excellent condition with a new soft top with window, a new hardtop headliner, new rear view mirror, the performance package and Continental DWS tires. Included are the phone, tonneau cover, wind deflector, hardtop with rack, tools and first aid kit. It was sideswiped in 2005 with minor damage to the left front fender and left door skin. Panels were not repaired but rather replaced. The car performs and appears as a nearly new Z8.

Quote Originally Posted by DrD View Post
    I purchased this car in 2005 with 31,000 miles. It has since been meticulously maintained and includes all records. It is in excellent condition with a new soft top with window, a new hardtop headliner, new rear view mirror, the performance package and Continental DWS tires. Included are the phone, tonneau cover, wind deflector, hardtop with rack, tools and first aid kit. It was sideswiped in 2005 with minor damage to the left front fender and left door skin. Panels were not repaired but rather replaced. The car performs and appears as a nearly new Z8.
    Sorry to see you go - especially as you are enjoying the car as it should.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Looks like you got your money's worth!

While 98k miles seems like a high number in the Z8 universe, after spending some time on the M5 board it is apparent that the S62 motor is just getting broken in at that mileage. Plenty of e39 M5's with 250k+ on the clock that are still running strong. This car is perfect for the person who really wants to drive it as it was meant to be driven.

Bill

Z8 Novice

2001 Topaz Z8

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    While 98k miles seems like a high number in the Z8 universe, after spending some time on the M5 board it is apparent that the S62 motor is just getting broken in at that mileage. Plenty of e39 M5's with 250k+ on the clock that are still running strong. This car is perfect for the person who really wants to drive it as it was meant to be driven.

Bill
    As soon as I figure out how to attach photos of the car I will post them. The car will be shown at the Festival of Speed at Amelia Island on March 14. I really hate to sell it but have another Porsche coming (Targa 4S). Running out of room and the "Boss" says something has to go. The Z8 has been an amazing car. With all the miles (many to the West from the Atlanta area), I've never had a mechanical problem with it except for a weakening clutch at 90,000 miles.

Team Z8
    Please come back and post a review of the Targa 4s. I've seen a couple reviews that are so-so about it, but I'm liking it enough to contemplate the possibility of Z8 replacement.

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by ron's rocket View Post
    Please come back and post a review of the Targa 4s. I've seen a couple reviews that are so-so about it, but I'm liking it enough to contemplate the possibility of Z8 replacement.
    The Targa should arrive the end of March after which time I'll post a review. As evidenced by the 98000 miles I have on the Z8 and another 148000 miles I have on the Carrera 4S, I use my cars as GTs. I didn't consider the GT3 because I'm not going racing with my own car and the idea of a roadster without the downsides of a convertible appealed to me. If you've ever driven a newer Porsche, you know that their handling and performance are addictive - but the Z8 is still fun in an unrefined way.

Z8 and Porsche in my garage... Can't part with either!

+1 - Same here!
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

I think when even Steven J. Dinan buys a 911, there must be something about them...

I loved my GT3 like crazy, but honestly I loved my Lotus on the track even more ;-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice

Available Trade

Hi Dr D,
    I am looking to buy a Z8. Not too afraid of the high miles. You did say it has a hard top? Where are you located? Are you open to a trade for a SLS AMG ?
    Can you email photos [email protected].
    Mombacho

Z8 Novice
    Hi DrD, Is your blue Z8 sold or still available? Thanks for your kind attention. Best, Herve