Thread: Sad Sight!

Sad Sight!

This is not a happy image. I wonder what happened here. Repair cost estimated at $100,000. Not sure anybody wants to spend this (or more) on a salvage title Alpina on top of the initial cost of acquiring the wrecked car.

https://www.easyexport.us/vehicle-fi...=537b7f8e42ba1

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Team Z8
    I believe the story I heard about this was an accident in Newport Beach between this newly purchased Alpina and a Range Rover. I hadn't seen pictures, I did hear that the Alpina owner was pushing to have the car declared a total loss. Seeing the pictures now makes that claim much easier to understand.

Yes, that is that car, it was a low mileage garage queen that got side-swiped by the Range Rover that ran a light.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Should the airbags not have been deployed? The car is shipped back to Europe
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Wasn't some one asking about Alpina rims for sale?
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

I hope the Alpina driver wasn't seriously hurt, ouch! Looks like the car was hit with such force the right rear tire hit a curb or something hard.

Future parts car?
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

According to what I heard the drivers of both cars were both the ladies of their respective households and both were unhurt. Although this car may have a California salvage title I would have thought it a perfect candidate for BMW Classic's total restoration program, and then to be resold in the EU.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

With bidding already over $73,000 and a salvage title, plus an estimated hundred grand to restore it, I'd say this is an interesting dilemma. Unless BMW Classic can create a new chassis number, I don't see how this can ever be an untarnished title. Of course, Bob an' Zeke can prolly throw a new door at 'er and pound out the aluminum close enough to let Bondo fill the gaps, and run it through a certain easy-title state, and make a dollar.