Thread: Looks like my frame's OK, but I'm nervous...

Z8 Novice

Looks like my frame's OK, but I'm nervous...

02 with 4K miles. No big pothole hits I remember. Even hood gaps, no dome on towers. I'm lucky, but nervous.

I hope BMW steps up with a fix real quick or this car value may fall faster than Tyco or Enron and leave a real sour taste to owners and how history remebers this great car. I want to feel safe and proud of this flagship, and this is a real blow. I own 3 Bims, (02 M3, 00 M Roadster, and the Z) and want to continue to be a loyalist. I've suffered through the S54 rod bearings and oil pump recall, and I saw what it did to the M3 as far as desirability..... I still love my M3 so much, but most would look for one after mid 03 when the factory had implemented production corrections. A friend described the situation with metaphor over a few beers. He said think of both his and my M as both being great athletes, but mines had a torn ACL that?s been treated. Which one would you pick first in a draft?

My fear now is that BMW will do nothing for people like me who have yet to have symptoms. There may be triage, and those who aren't symptomatic now may be the ones shafted later....S54 owners were said by BMW to be the problem for a long time .... only until the number of problems became very clear did BMW back down and accept that something was wrong internally.
    I hope BMW takes the proactive and proper example Ford did for the GT A-arms. I understand that in many instances, Ford flew engineers and parts to those in need (like they did for a seller/buyer @ Barrett Jackson Auctions). The problem for us is that Ford caught it early and only 160? or so cars were grounded. We could be looking at 5K? cars (worldwide). Ours perhaps being shipped off to one of a couple places where repairs may be made? The logistics and realities are painful to think about.

BTW, Thank you so much Andrew for being the Grand Font of Information. I know that there would be little chance I'd have known of this without you.

Please tell me this is a full moon, Friday the 13th joke.
    -Jeff

Thumbs up Like you all of Us but I feel positive now

BMW has this car as a card presentation is the lure for others get series 3 ,5, 7 and now again with the m5 Do you think that they will put in risk the brand? I dont think so cause as you are aloyal customer there is a few thousand more and potential another more thousands in line.

My personal opinion is that this is like a correction of a a pattern and let me tell you. I LOVE MY CAR I clean it today and is so beatiful that it worth to correct the pattern in my case I dont see any damage but I have to ask a profesional to give a real evaluation.

I was thinking to buy a m5 for my son that is graduating from College this year and it will depend of course of BMW and how they handle our issue.

there is a say in spanish dont put the weelbarrell in front of the bulls so we have to be patient and positive
    Have a nice weekend

Gordini

Quote Originally Posted by 2bimornot2bim
    02 with 4K miles. No big pothole hits I remember. Even hood gaps, no dome on towers. I'm lucky, but nervous.

I hope BMW steps up with a fix real quick or this car value may fall faster than Tyco or Enron and leave a real sour taste to owners and how history remebers this great car. I want to feel safe and proud of this flagship, and this is a real blow. I own 3 Bims, (02 M3, 00 M Roadster, and the Z) and want to continue to be a loyalist. I've suffered through the S54 rod bearings and oil pump recall, and I saw what it did to the M3 as far as desirability..... I still love my M3 so much, but most would look for one after mid 03 when the factory had implemented production corrections. A friend described the situation with metaphor over a few beers. He said think of both his and my M as both being great athletes, but mines had a torn ACL that?s been treated. Which one would you pick first in a draft?

My fear now is that BMW will do nothing for people like me who have yet to have symptoms. There may be triage, and those who aren't symptomatic now may be the ones shafted later....S54 owners were said by BMW to be the problem for a long time .... only until the number of problems became very clear did BMW back down and accept that something was wrong internally.
    I hope BMW takes the proactive and proper example Ford did for the GT A-arms. I understand that in many instances, Ford flew engineers and parts to those in need (like they did for a seller/buyer @ Barrett Jackson Auctions). The problem for us is that Ford caught it early and only 160? or so cars were grounded. We could be looking at 5K? cars (worldwide). Ours perhaps being shipped off to one of a couple places where repairs may be made? The logistics and realities are painful to think about.

BTW, Thank you so much Andrew for being the Grand Font of Information. I know that there would be little chance I'd have known of this without you.

Please tell me this is a full moon, Friday the 13th joke.
    -Jeff