Thread: Another fall roadtrip with a P-Car

Another fall roadtrip with a P-Car

Not trying to turn this to a P-Car road trip site, but as my Z8 is somewhat resting in the garage with the trickle charger wire trailing from it's trunk to the outlet on the garage wall, I really did not have any other option than take the 911 4S for the fall vacation drive. The first picture tells it all - we ran into a small snow storm between Des Moines and Kansas City. I do have Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires mounted for the winter season so I was fine. The first day took us via KC (with the obligatory stop at Oklahoma Joe's BBQ) to Branson Missouri where we stayed two nights . From Branson we continued to Hot Springs, Arkansas through one of the most spectacular roads I have ever driven; Arkansas HWY 7. After two days in Hot Springs we continued to St, Charles, MO and had truly a blast driving another awesome road, the Missouri HWY 19. Great trip with about 1500 miles with truly homemade local lunches stops enjoying Catfish, cooked to order Fried Chicken etc. leaving the more sophisticated fare for dinners.

Nice Roads:

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Nice trip- good thing you had 4wd for the snowstorm! Just curious, has anyone experienced driving a Z8 in snow? I would think it would be a less-than-satisfactory event......

Bill

Wow, what a great drive, and great pix, I never tire of seeing road trip pictures, regardless of the mode of travel.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Lovely these autumn woods !
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Z8 Novice
    Great pictures. I have never been to Hot Springs. Any idea why it is such a popular honeymoon destinations? I recall seeing cars with Just Married signs that also said "Hot Springs Tonight"

Phil - not sure why. Maybe it's those "hot" baths...
    Skip Hammerman

2013 BMW X3

Makes me want to load 'em up and head out again! Great roads.

DSC Off
    Skip,
    Let's do it in the Z8s. Think about arranging a trip - Texas/Oklahoma folks and couple of us around the Chicago area could join in. Maybe a Midwest road trip! Although not in the snow...
    Tom
    Z8LVR

Tom - That might be a good one. It would be a beautiful drive when the leaves are turning. Maybe a "meet in the middle" with the TX and OK members. We actually talked about a 5 or so day trip at the P-Club Board meeting after I posted pictures of my trip on our Facebook Page.
    Skip Hammerman

2013 BMW X3

DSC Off
    Maybe get the Chicago P-Club involved? I know a couple members.
    Not many Z8s in this area, but I would love to meet in the middle somewhere. We are 1.5 hours out of the Quad Cities, and maybe, just maybe, I could convince my wife to drive her Alpina so we would at least have two Z8s from here!
    Those road pictures are beautiful...
    Tom

The Kansas City and Denver Ferrari Club has had a national event in Eureka Springs Arkansas for the past 10 years. I have gone to three of the events and the roads are spectacular. Eureka is very car club friendly and I have documented many road trips that start in Eureka and end in Eureka (about 300 miles per day). During the Ferrari events that typically started Wednesday night and ended on Sunday morning we would drive about 1000 miles in total on the Thursday-Saturday drives. Highway 7 is a great road but only one of many in that general area. Porsche does an annual event up in Eureka too. It would be great to get about a dozen Z8's from the surrounding area for a long weekend of spectacular drives.
    Robert C. - BMW Enthusiast
    03- Alpina Z8 62141 #243/555

Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    Tom - That might be a good one. It would be a beautiful drive when the leaves are turning. Maybe a "meet in the middle" with the TX and OK members.
    Another "Meet in the Middle" on a larger scale is long due. What dates do you have in mid? Some of us here in TexOma have already signed up for the BMW VCCCA Florida tour following the Amelia Island Concours events in mid March.
    ZAchterbahn
    2001 Z8