Thread: Michelin Pilot Sport 2

Michelin Pilot Sport 2

Seems like I remember seeing someone on Roadfly mention that the Michelin MPS2 will fully displace the MPS sometime early this year. The result would be an increased range of sizes for the MPS2, which may include our OE wheels.

Does anyone know anything new?
    thegunguy

I'd suggest calling TireRack...

as them sell more tires than anyone they should be the best source of knowledge. I understand that the new Pirelli tires on the M6 are also very good, but have no notes on the comparissons.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar

Thumbs up Brake dust

I fitted the Zechausen dustless brake pads a few weeks ago. I was impressed enough to do the same to our 330i. This is an easy installation and well worth the short installation time and small investment. Perhaps it is my imagination but the pedal feels ever so slightly softer in hard braking but the difference is negligible.

Of note : BMW calls for a special tool for removal of the caliper bolts. This expensive special tool is also known as a 7mm hex wrench !

This is akin to VW's brake cylinder compression tool (also expensive) which I replaced with a C-clamp from Home Depot for $3.29.

Just wanted to share.

Dave

Dave, still happy with the dustfree brakepads ? I heard some negative reactions (?)

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar

Dust free brakes

No problems, I was thoroughly impressed with them. They never faded and I drove them hard on the track last year. I am not using them now though because I switched to Brembo brakes.

Dave

Take a look at this post about the newer Centric pads.

http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=pads

I have been very pleased with them. I did a harder 500 mile drive and had to wipe my finger across the wheel to see if there was any dust deposited.