Thread: VIN sticker news

DSC Off

VIN sticker news

I received the sticker for the Alpina as well as the one for the black Z8 I look after in Oceanside. The Alpina sticker will go on the book, the other one will replace the rather severely damaged one in the doorjamb of the Oceanside car.
    Unfortunately for all of us, it appears that BMW is using a new sticker material and slightly different font. The new stickers are not exactly like the originals any longer.

Original doorjamb of Alpina:

New sticker:

I would doubt that there is anything that can be done at this point to procure an exact, original sticker, at least not from BMW. I suppose someone could have one made from a photograph of the original (for their book of course, not for legal use on your actual car). I noticed that the new vin sticker for the Alpina also says "Z* Roadster" and the new sticker for the other car just says "Z8" (see below)

Gar

DSC Off
    I also wanted to procure a new "tire" sticker, which is the one you can see in the first picture that is below the VIN sticker in the doorjamb. I was initially excited to hear that it had come in with the other stickers, only to be disappointed that it now appears to be a more generic sticker that can be used on either a Z8 or an Alpina version. I was obviously hoping for an exact replacement with the little Alpina crest on it and such.

Original:

New:

Gar

Z8Mania
    I have the same issues and the only thing I can think of is maybe if ones stickers are in good condition to see about one of the clear film places covering it up?

DSC Off
    I wish these pictures still showed. Not sure what happened over the year(s).

I generally try to grab things that are linked and embed them to avoid exactly this kind of thing happening, but somehow I missed this one, sorry!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.