Thread: GoPro and RX 100

GoPro and RX 100

Had my GoPro and my Sony RX100 on our Porsche Club drive last week to Weston, Missouri where we stayed overnight after a great dinner, martinis, beers, and cigars (for some). Still learning how to edit videos (this is my second "movie"). I am finding the GoPro studio editing software not so user friendly and I was surprised to find out that it will not allow you to combine still pictures from other hardware so I could not combine the stills taken with the Sony RX100 into the video. I ended up using the Microsoft Moviemaker and it does have some nice, easy features that enhance the look and feel of the movie. The resolution of the GoPro footage is great in the original format - once uploaded to U-Tube it has lost some of the resolution and I am not sure if it would look better using the GoPro software or not. I did save the movie as "High Definition" on the Movie Maker. Watched it yesterday on my 60 inch screen through Apple TV and it actually did look ok.

The roads are not like the once most of you, especially in California can enjoy, but the company and the cars were great. I am sorry this does not have any Z8 content (I did take the Z8 on last years Weston trip, if that counts ). Anyway, rhis is more about the video and the editing. Not sure if anyone here is using the GoPro cameras and software, any tips would be appreciated!

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Not seeing an image or link on my iPad? Edit. Seeing it now!

The quality looks great, the GoPros have really come on leaps and bounds since I made our last GoPro vid on the Oregon trip in '10. I use iMovie on the Mac for editing, and its pretty simple, but that said I don't think I've made a vid in 3 years, it's just too much work!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Very nice! Im watching now. It looks really good. I just wonder what happened to your Z8? Where did the motor go?

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Very nice! Im watching now. It looks really good. I just wonder what happened to your Z8? Where did the motor go?
    Actually... I was not even driving as I am restricted to driving between work and home (long story - I believe I shared on another thread). However, I was riding with a friend of mine in a beautiful 2009 Turbo that was very nice to be in.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Z8Mania
    Sometimes its nice to be able to just enjoy the ride as a passenger