Thread: Cars and Coffee, 1 June 2014 at Blackhawk Car Museum, Danville CA

Cars and Coffee, 1 June 2014 at Blackhawk Car Museum, Danville CA

Any of the Northern California owners interested in meeting next Sunday at the Blackhawk Car Museum's Cars and Coffee. I'm due for a visit.

Cars & Coffee
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

I'll go! For sure this time.

P-car or Z8? I'd like to see your Cayman.
    My Best,

Ed

Can do... Race rubber marks and track grime and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Can do... Race rubber marks and track grime and all!
    Cool! See you there.
    My Best,

Ed

Maybe you can take it for a spin... ER.... Drive!

It was great to catch up with Ian and to meet his friend Dave earlier today. I also bumped into fellow Z8 owner and Blackhawk Car Museum Docent, Fred.

Here's a few pictures from Today's Cars and Coffee event. Enjoy!

Name:  BHCC_1.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  86.9 KBName:  BHCC-1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  138.3 KBName:  BHCC-1-1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  138.8 KBName:  BHCC-1-2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  133.0 KBName:  BHCC-1-3.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  115.9 KBName:  BHCC-1-4.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  87.3 KBName:  BHCC-1-5.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  137.4 KBName:  BHCC-1-6.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  176.7 KBName:  BHCC-1-7.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  187.2 KBName:  BHCC-1-8.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  127.8 KB
    My Best,

Ed

Fun collection of machines, thanks for sharing!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Great seeing you Ed. Nice Turbo cab! Next time we'll plan a drive too. As always, an amazingly wide array of cars. At this point, they usually get about 5-600 cars! To get a good parking spot, we got there at 6:45am.

BTW: found an M5 Touring for sale for rifle (He's always asking after one, but wants the S62, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Great seeing you Ed. Nice Turbo cab! Next time we'll plan a drive too. As always, an amazingly wide array of cars. At this point, they usually get about 5-600 cars! To get a good parking spot, we got there at 6:45am.

BTW: found an M5 Touring for sale for rifle (He's always asking after one, but wants the S62, I think).
    This C&C event has really taken off in attendance! I was fortunate to have Juergen, another car museum docent and Z8 owner, assign me to a parking space close to the action at 8:15. Thank you for showing me your track prepared CaymanS, and the proper way to enter and exit a car with racing seats!
    My Best,

Ed

Lookin' good Ian! Can't see the rubber marks and track grime in that shot though. It looks almost serene as a matter of fact.
    Fred's car looks fantastic, as usual. I'm especially fond of the rust over yellow truck ('39 Dodge or so??). Anyway, what a great event that must be. One of these days...maybe.
    Thanks,
    Terry
    ALPINA #480/555
    Jet Black/Crema-Black

Thanks terry, you would like it for sure. In fact, I got my car washed they day before... Couldn't help myself, but there was still some residual race rubber etc. and that old pickup was the best!

Z8Mania
    Thank you for sharing the pictures- gorgeous arrangement of cars. Great to see a stick shift 430. Looks like its a 2005/6. How can I know? The race seats- they were discontinued for the USA beginning in 2007 due to some DOT rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Thank you for sharing the pictures- gorgeous arrangement of cars. Great to see a stick shift 430. Looks like its a 2005/6. How can I know? The race seats- they were discontinued for the USA beginning in 2007 due to some DOT rule.
    I thought of you Jerry when I saw this 430 because of the manual stick shift. I also smiled when I noticed the car seat in the passenger seat. My wife would kill me if I did that in my cars.

Ferrari of Silicon Valley had a Pozzi blue 430 with a manual shift, but it sold before I had a chance to see it in person. Not that I'm looking .
    My Best,

Ed

Z8Mania
    Thanks Ed. I personally could not put a child in the front seat of a sports car, especially one that needs a child seat. I would just put them in my sedan in the back where its supposed to go. Now that my children are big enough, I sometimes take one with me on a brief drive, but I keep it brief.

The 430 with stick shift is really a total blast. If you can get a test drive my guess is it will be hard to not buy it on the spot, but one thing to remember is these cars have really lightweight flywheels so when you press in the clutch pedal the revs drop really fast- if the Z8 is a reference point, Id say they drop maybe 3-4x faster. Never mind rev matching on downshifts, which you do have to do, you'll need to rev match on upshifts! Its fun.

Love the M5 Touring!
    thegunguy

Apparently the new M4 is a handful to drive. This video is from last Sunday's C&C.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=miA5qj5ergM

UPDATE: The video of the M4 driver loosing control of his car unfortunately is not an isolated incident of drivers leaving the monthly Blackhawk Cars and Coffee. As a result the organizers of this C&C are under pressure from local police to now come up with a plan to mitigate exhibition of speed violations. The executive director of the museum is also considering canceling this special event. Stay tunes.

I've driven an hour in each direction to attend to see a great eclectic gathering of cars, to talk to other enthusiast, and to hopefully bump into fellow Z8 owners Ian, Fred, John, and Juergen (not on board).
    My Best,

Ed