Thread: You gotta love this...

You gotta love this...

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Nicely done. Although the NSA might have him talking on his cell phone at that exact time and location....Hmmm.

The Dutch government made it "easy": as owner you get the speeding ticket. If someone else was driving it is your problem
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

I think in general, that is also the way it is approached in most states. If it is your car, you get the ticket and pay the fine. However, because the identity of the driver is not known with certainty, there are no "points" charged against your license.

Z8Mania
    Bingo. Except in some jurisdictions if you fight it they assume you are the driver and thus you will get the points. Hence there is a very strong benefit to just paying it- and that's what they want.

I believe in some jurisdictions they have been removed because of Constitutional issues. Not sure if it was "burden of proof" as above or "unreasonable search and seizure." I know in many jurisdictions the companies that install and manage these camera systems have convinced the cities to shorten the yellow light and thus increase the take. There hasn't been much growth in NC (thankfully) thanks to a fairly conservative bench.

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    I think in general, that is also the way it is approached in most states. If it is your car, you get the ticket and pay the fine. However, because the identity of the driver is not known with certainty, there are no "points" charged against your license.
    Luckily we only have a "point system" for young drivers :-)
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Here in AZ, they used to have cameras on all the state freeways, etc. What a bunch of bunk! However, it was discovered that the company who operates the cameras, Red Flag, produced and issued a pamphlet which was distributed to the "enforcers and those who issue the tickets to the perpetrators" advising them NOT to issue tickets to certain "folks". Those "folks" happened to be those who voted to approve installation of these cameras (i.e. legislators, cops, city council members, supervisors, mayors, etc., you get the idea). Anyway, one of the people issued a ticket took decided to take it to court and produced this pamphlet... in the courtroom. Once that was discovered, the ticket was immediately dismissed because there was no "level playing field" for normal citizens and there was evidence of preferential treatment to "empowered" people. Ultimately, the Governor got rid of all "state highway" cameras based on this case, but it did not affect municipalities who wanted to continue to use them. She should have eliminated them all as far as I'm concerned. Let's face it, these are installed to increase revenue and have very little to do with "safety" as it's sold to stupid legislators and the general public.
    Thanks,
    Terry
    ALPINA #480/555
    Jet Black/Crema-Black