Thread: AC Cobra MKIV :: 1993 AC Cobra

1. AC Cobra MKIV
    General Information
    AC Cobra MKIV
    AC
    Cobra
    Blue/White

Comments: 7 / Views: 1666
    That really is the right color, such fun cars. Is it the Shelby America or the Superperformance one?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Noooo.... It's an AC. AC cars made all the cars for Shelby. All Shelby's are AC's. All Shelby's originals were British. :-)

Z8Mania
    As we all were!

Not all, but many. The States are like a Cobra, influenced by many of the worlds nations.

Ferrari had a huge bearing on the development by being competitors. Ford supplied the engine and cash, Shelby put it all together. AC supplied the chassis and body. We all work well individually, but together we're better... A bit like this forum!

:-)

Z8Mania
    So well put.

I thought that the AC cars were only 60's and early 70's, I didn't realize they built them in the 90's, that's why I thought it was a continuation car.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I thought that the AC cars were only 60's and early 70's, I didn't realize they built them in the 90's, that's why I thought it was a continuation car.
    The originals are known were built in the 60's, but the main repairer of the cars Brian Anglis (UK) bought AC and with the help of Ford developed the MKIV. They were sold internationally, mainly in the States and the UK.

Shelby himself owned a couple allegedly. They are hand made aluminium just the same as the originals, but it became increasingly expensive to produce and comply with the new emissions and safety requirements. Also gaining recognition for the car was difficult as by then so many replicas around the world were in production.

Shelby started selling cars from South Africa (Super Performance) and the waters became very muddied, but it is a great car. I bought this one in America and had it shipped back. At the time they were seriously undervalued there, but they are slowly gaining recognition and the prices have risen.

AC Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia