Thread: N?rbergring record falls again.....

N?rbergring record falls again.....

The British sports car company Radical once again claimed the crown for the fastest car round the 'ring.

One the world?s most prestigious production car records was obliterated on September 28th 2005 by Michael Vergers in Radical?s extraordinary SR8. In road legal trim and riding on Dunlop Direnza tyres he lapped the infamous 13-mile Nordschleife circuit in just 6 minutes 55 seconds, knocking a massive 20 seconds off the previous best time for a production sportscar.

Let's put this in perspective with these two records, both set in cars that would cost over one million dollars, this little beastie splits them for about a tenth of the price!

Formula 1:
    Clay Regazzoni (Ferrari) 7:06.4 (192.8 km/h) in the GP of Germany 1975

Sports car:
    Derek Bell / Stefan Bellof (Porsche 956) 6:25.91 (194.33 km/h) in the 1000-km race 1983

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Amazing...unbeievable...

Just what I expected from Radical! Never driven one yet, but that or a STOHR is my dream race car. But "production sports car" only by the maximum stretch of the imagination and British law!

love it.

Ian

The group we tracked with last year go up to Spring Mountain

each year, so if you fancy meeting up there we could plan a little Radical adventure. Radical West are based out of Spring Mountain, just 50 mins from Vegas, so the girls could have no end of Spas, shops etc to keep them happy!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Talking Sounds like a great plan, we should do it before Santa Fe

Sounds like a great plan, we should do it before Santa Fe

Keep me posted if this develops. I might also be interested!

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar

Spring Mountain

If you plan to go let me know. I live in Vegas and would love to get get together on the track.

Dave

Wink Looks alike that

I saw first a gorgeous little pig, then a beautiful dog, and then I come to the conclusion that in this circle of lovely Z8 love there is another thing we share in common, the love of loyal animals. My nickname in the forum comes from my little fat Chihuahua, his name is Samson but his nick name is GORDINI; The other artist are Alli (miniature Doberman), Pepita (Chihuahua) and Felix the MIAU; His brother Bennie the MIAU didn?t show up cause he had a fight (ten rounds) and he is at the hospital, nothing serious.

I wish all of you a happy hollidays and G-d bless each one of you

Jose, Gordini, Alli, Pepita, Felix and Bennie the MIAU

Radicals and pets.....

I'll be at the track this Thursday with the gang, so I'll see if we can get a Radical track day plan going for Spring Mtn for late April.

On the subject of pets here are our two hounds, Jake (top) and Starr. Starr loves going in the Z8, but Jake hates it, the wind and other traffic noises all scare him! We got them both from the pound, so don't really know what they are exactly, but they sure are fun!!

Andrew Macpherson

Talking I'm sure now!!!

We have the same sensitivity with pets. One question, are the hounds what they call miniature Doberman? Alli is a 8 months baby and is a charater! She was born in Ocala Fl and she flew with me in the cabin from Miami. She loves cars and specially the Z8!

Your pets are very expresive!

Quote Originally Posted by macfly
    I'll be at the track this Thursday with the gang, so I'll see if we can get a Radical track day plan going for Spring Mtn for late April.

On the subject of pets here are our two hounds, Jake (top) and Starr. Starr loves going in the Z8, but Jake hates it, the wind and other traffic noises all scare him! We got them both from the pound, so don't really know what they are exactly, but they sure are fun!!

We don't know exactly what they are.....

maybe Jake is a Manchester Terrier - MiniPini mix, and Starr looks like she could be a Daschound - Chiahuahua mix, but nobody knows for sure.
    Andrew Macpherson

As far as the SR8 laptime goes...

This record has never been accepted, because the car was not a street legal car. The license has been retracted, and the current record is held by Michael D?chting in his Donkervoort @ 7:14.89, driven in November on Dunlop SportMaxx, not on semi-slicks like the Radical.

One of the challenges with cars from the UK is that they can be street legal there much easier than in the rest of the EU. As far as I know, the Radical did not pass any crash test, for example.

The trophy for the fastest Ring lap is sponsored by Sport Auto, a magazine here in Germany. They just stated that they will come up with clearer rules for which cars can participate.
    Best regards, Dieter

Even if it is just a track day toy

that is still a very respectable time for something that you can drive on the road in the UK. I was a little surprised that it counted as a road car in Germany myself, so I'm not surprised that it got knocked into a dedicated race car class. I don't know why they don't put full slicks on it, and go after the ultimate all time record, they are getting pretty close to it now.
    Andrew Macpherson

that is still a very respectable time for something that you can drive on the road in the UK. I was a little surprised that it counted as a road car in Germany myself, so I'm not surprised that it got knocked into a dedicated race car class. I don't know why they don't put full slicks on it, and go after the ultimate all time record, they are getting pretty close to it now.
    Absolutely, it was a great laptime, no doubt about this.

However, they are claiming a record that they didn't achieve.

You are right, they should use a complete race setup and then go for the "real" time.
    Best regards, Dieter

Sport Button On - DSC Off mollyshark's Avatar
    Great dog pix. My avatar is of the latest family additions. A pot bellied pig rescued at 4 weeks old from the Oklahoma Animal rescue. The hound is about a year old rescued from a Mansfield TX shelter just last weekend. They decided to get along in one of those weird animal ways, although the pig is clearly in charge. Current tally now is 5 dogs, 2 pigs, 6 goats, 3 birds, and a pygmy hedgehog.

As our nightly song goes "hounds to the left of me, hounds to the right...here I am stuck in the middle with you." But it's warm.

So where is this we're talking about going...so I can frequent the spas and shop? Oh, and drive, of course!

What is a pigmy hedgehog??

Sounds like you're living "My Family and Other Animals", one of my favorite childhood books by Gerald Durrell. If you've never read it I can thoroughly recommend it.

The spot we were chatting about going to to try out the Radicals is called Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. It is just under a hours drive from the Bellagio, The Palms and all the other sppa & shop friendly sites in Las Vegas.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sounds like you're living "My Family and Other Animals", one of my favorite childhood books by Gerald Durrell. If you've never read it I can thoroughly recommend it.

The spot we were chatting about going to to try out the Radicals is called Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch. It is just under a hours drive from the Bellagio, The Palms and all the other sppa & shop friendly sites in Las Vegas.
    Looks interesting. Any idea when and what course?
    Best regards, Dieter

I'll make some calls in the new year....

and see what they have on offer, and report back on times, costs etc.
    Andrew Macpherson

Happy holidays from

one of my many four legged children.....

Sounds like a nice outing!

Please include me when you know more.
    thegunguy