Thread: Looking For A Couple of Cars

Sport Button On - DSC Off Kevin's Avatar

Looking For A Couple of Cars

There are a couple of cars I have been looking for, for quite some time now and can't seem to find. As I know the community here knows a lot about these types of cars I was wondering if anyone knows of any for sale. I appreciate any tips and look forward to hearing everyones opinion in general about these cars.

1.) 1989 Ferrari 328GTS
    2.) Aston Martin DBAR1 Zagato
    3.) Bentley Continental SC (found two of these for sale but neither are in great shape)
    4.) Ferrari 575 Superamerica Stick Shift
    2003 Z8 Silver/Black AH62031 (Sold)

I'd PM Marty, (Havenhurstkid) as he has his ear close to the ground, and may well know of some.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I'll keep my eyes open. Any reason the 575 SA vs 550 BPF?

Z8Mania
    328 GTS from FML (Ferrari Market Letter)

328 GTS, VIN ZFFXA20A1J0078015 (1988 USA model). Red with tan interior. Stereo installed, original faceplate included. Immaculate interior. Multiple award winning car is showroom clean and unmolested. Front tires are original, backs are newer. Maintained by Algar; which is an authorized Ferrari maintenance provider. Owned for 11 years and pedigree can be confirmed through Algar of Rosemont (PA). Full set of tools, manuals, and original complete set of luggage. 12,757 miles. $75,000. 3817
    Daniel, 215-378-1199 (PA)
    Click thumbnail to enlarge.

328 GTS, VIN ZFFXA20A6K0079212 (1989 USA model). White with tan leather. Brand new completely redone tan leather interior, a/c blows very cold, Bluetooth. New tires, spotless wheels. Full mechanical restoration with belt service within 500 miles. Excellent show or driver. No rust. Third owner. All original books, tools, spare tire kit and records. 55,000 miles. $65,000. 3824
    Alberto A.Gutierrez, [email protected], 505-259-4283 (NM)
    Click thumbnail to enlarge.

328 GTS, VIN ZFFXA20A7KOO79624 (1989 USA model). White with tan interior. Southern California car, excellent condition, no stories. Have all purchase, service records, and receipts. Second owner. Well-loved and cared for. 15,656 miles. $58,000. 3822
    Alberto Ferroni, 714-322-4366 (CA)

328 GTS, VIN ZFFXA20A0K0079822 (1989 USA model). Black with tan interior. Alpine CD player and Michelin Pilots. Belt change service Nov. 2011 at 20,181 miles. Pristine two owner. 21,886 miles. $69,900. 3823
    Ferrari of Atlanta, Ferrari Maserati of Atlanta | The ownership experience of a lifetime, 678-802-5000 (GA)
    Click thumbnail to enlarge, click here for more information.

Z8Mania
    Gotta say the one at Fo Atlanta looks nice! Like it in black a lot!

Ferrari Maserati of Atlanta :: 1989 Ferrari 328 - Classic Ferrari and Maserati Inventory

Z8Mania
    Heres one thats an 88 328 GTS

Autosport Designs

In terms of the 550 vs 575 I prefer the Superamerica as its officially the last stick shift V12 Cab Ferrari ever made.
    The Zagatos at Miller Motors are only sold as a pair, I only want the cab.

I actually flew out to see the white 89 328 you listed and to me it seemed as though the cars whole rear end had been painted.

I appreciate the help guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I'd PM Marty, (Havenhurstkid) as he has his ear close to the ground, and may well know of some.
    Thank You, will do.

Z8Mania
    Sounds reasonable. I don't know all those cars, just posting listings for your perusal.

I would just like to point out with Ferrari things are rarely clear cut. There are rumored a few 599 SAA with stick... I know there are a few 599 GTO with stick.

I'd say its better if you love the car, the look etc.

Personally, I think the 550 BPF is a more desirable collectible. Its the last of the truly numbered Ferraris. And this is only the second time they made a Barchetta in their history. I also think its not really having any roof on one hand makes it less daily drivable, on the other hand makes it more special and more of an occasion. Did you know the 550 BPF has the same curb weight as the 550 Maranello? I also think its a prettier look but thats to the eye of the beholder. Just some ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Sounds reasonable. I don't know all those cars, just posting listings for your perusal.

I would just like to point out with Ferrari things are rarely clear cut. There are rumored a few 599 SAA with stick... I know there are a few 599 GTO with stick.

I'd say its better if you love the car, the look etc.

Personally, I think the 550 BPF is a more desirable collectible. Its the last of the truly numbered Ferraris. And this is only the second time they made a Barchetta in their history. I also think its not really having any roof on one hand makes it less daily drivable, on the other hand makes it more special and more of an occasion. Did you know the 550 BPF has the same curb weight as the 550 Maranello? I also think its a prettier look but thats to the eye of the beholder. Just some ramblings.
    Didn't know they made a stick SA Aperta, for me I prefer the front end of the Superamerica but the rear of the Barchetta, so it gets kinda confusing.

Z8Mania
    Not officially (SAA stick) but you can bet the factory makes a few special cars for extra special friends. When it comes to Ferrari things usually blur.

The best car advice is the simplest: buy what you love. So if you love the 575 SA > 550 BPF, then do that.

One other thing to be aware of on that car, the roof is known to leak to have it tested and insist on a belt service. Some say it needs a belt service every 5 years others say every 3 years and other every 2. I think you can get away with 5 and probably should go every 3 if you're concerned with resale.

And if you find a car with sticky switches that's normal. There's a guy who fixes these for not too much money. I think his website is something like stickey no more.

Not officially (SAA stick) but you can bet the factory makes a few special cars for extra special friends. When it comes to Ferrari things usually blur.

The best car advice is the simplest: buy what you love. So if you love the 575 SA > 550 BPF, then do that.

One other thing to be aware of on that car, the roof is known to leak to have it tested and insist on a belt service. Some say it needs a belt service every 5 years others say every 3 years and other every 2. I think you can get away with 5 and probably should go every 3 if you're concerned with resale.

And if you find a car with sticky switches that's normal. There's a guy who fixes these for not too much money. I think his website is something like stickey no more.
    Thank You for the help, I'm actually going to see a 550 Barchetta today, we'll see what happens.

Z8Mania
    Sounds good. Happy to help any way I can. I don't know about 575 SA but I believe the 550B's are up about 8% this year.

Now that both Kevin and Jerry have me looking at these cars, there's a red 550B in FL for sale on eBay.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8 Novice
    Buy the best Barchetta you can find. They will be valuable someday and best of all they are a great drive. I love mine, especially with the Tubi exhaust. I would stay away from the Superamerica because of the roof issues and the look just doesn't work to me. There are only a few stick Superamerica's around and they sell fast.

Z8Mania
    I agree. 100000% Go see a Barchetta. IMHO it has a specialness that reminds me a lot of the Z8. Or the other way around, however you come at it.

I will keep my eyes open on the websites I visit to see if I end up finding a nice 550B for you guys.

Ed, heres a link to that car:

Ferrari 550 Barchetta | eBay

IMHO its a reasonable price he's asking. Red is a very common color for the 550B and probably the most common interior is tan and then black. My opinion is the 550 B looks best in darker colors. Red is of course the resale color for Ferraris but I think value will accrue with darker colors faster because they look better and are rarer.

PS did you notice the Z8 in the background of the ebay listing

How are the they to drive, jerry?

Z8Mania
    They are wonderful in the same way the Z8 is wonderful. The one other word that I would describe both the Z8 and 550 BPF is "delicious".... if you like driving and you like cars and you see the romance in it, these are your cars.

Its not a "take the road by the scruff of the neck" kind of car, thats a car like an E46 M3 or 430 Scud or 911 GT3. The Barchetta is a car that's about the romance of driving: having the wind in your hair, the mechanical gear shift, the wall of torque which means you can be in any gear and find power, hearing the induction sound and the sound of the exhaust as you blip the throttle for a perfect fully rev matched downshift, moving the shifter in the deliberate way it needs to be moved. Its not about lap times. But its real special. And the thing about the Barchetta is its from a company that is used to making cars that are intended to be special. In my opinion its a stand out car in Ferrari history.

Z8Mania
    Heres a video:

- - - Updated - - -

Heres another one:::

Thanks Jerry for sharing your knowledge on the Ferrari 550B! Absolutely a drop dead gorgeous car. I had to watch the second video twice to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me with 550B owner driving his car on a ranch herding cattle!
    My Best,

Ed

Z8Mania
    We all have our eccentricities

Yup, fun videos, thanks. I'm still not convinced the 550 series will ever be a classic? Not beautifully old style, and not futuristic like an Enzo. Time will tell.

Fun vids, but I always hated those oversized roll hoops.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Thats the beauty of the hobby.

I will tell you I've gotten a ton of negative comments over the years on the Z8 so there are butts for every seat.

My opinion is the 550 is a great looking car which has only gotten better looking. To my eyes the Enzo was just not very good looking (purposeful- but not good looking) when it came out and I don't think its aged well at all. Same with F50. When you talk horsie super cars, I think the 288 has aged well, the F40 very well, and I think the LaFerrari is going to do a lot better than Enzo and F50 but not sure if it will be on par with the 288 as for its looks over time. I don't think it will be anywhere near the F40- based on looks.

A 288, now we're talking! I remember seeing a new one at the local dealer here... Even though it must have been gray market. The first car to recapture the spirit and curves of the classics.

Here's a primer on the 288 GTO for those who want more information on this rare Ferrari.

1984-'85 Ferrari 288 GTO | Hemmings Motor News
    My Best,

Ed

Z8Mania
    To my eyes it looks a bit like an overgrown Magnum PI car.... but I love it anyway. All the 288s are grey market. The 288 was the first Ferrari Supercar, but its really more of their "Revolver" to the F40's "Sgt. Peppers"... the F40 got proper USA holomagation .

Z8Mania

I really do appreciate all the help, unfortunately for me it has to be an 89 model year as it has a couple of updates I want. I found an 88.5 which has the 89 updates but feel as though the 89 would be more 'collectable'

Z8Mania
    Is 89 the last year?

Is 89 the last year?
    Ya, another reason that I want an 89.