Thread: Long shot?!

Z8 Novice

Long shot?!

Hello Everyone,

I must admit I'm more of a lurker than a poster here, but as has been said before, this place is a wonderful wealth of incredible knowledge. Not only when it comes to Z8's or cars in general.

With this in mind, I have a huge dilemma on my hands. I'm taking my family on a California road trip this winter (dec. 20-Jan. 5) naturally the Z8 is all tucked in for the winter now, so we are going to use the 750li x which is a superb car for family travels. We are going to start out in Vancouver B.C. and head south and try to take in all the wonder and beauty that is the coast.

I was hoping to make one important stop which is "The French Laundry" restaurant in the Bay area, however, booking a reservation is extremely, extremely difficult. I was wondering if any of you California member out there have had any experience with booking a table there, or have any inside knowledge on how getting in. Maybe one of you is even Thomas Keller incognito??

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've been there a few times, and never found it that hard to get a reservation, but I think you have to ring three months to the day before. However there are so many other incredible spots to eat in Napa that I don't think the loss of a meal at the Laundry is a game changer. I loved it the first time, but found myself much less impressed at each subsequent sitting. There's a lot of Napa locals on the board, so hopefully you'll get some other great suggestions, but to stay I'd recommend the Auberge - Napa Valley Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Resort | Auberge du Soleil
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I've been there a few times, and never found it that hard to get a reservation, but I think you have to ring three months to the day before. However there are so many other incredible spots to eat in Napa that I don't think the loss of a meal at the Laundry is a game changer. I loved it the first time, but found myself much less impressed at each subsequent sitting. There's a lot of Napa locals on the board, so hopefully you'll get some other great suggestions, but to stay I'd recommend the Auberge - Napa Valley Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Resort | Auberge du Soleil
    I agree about auberge. Amazing views of the valley, amenities, service, and great food!

I have lived here 21 years and won't go to the French Laundry because of their "Eve and the Apple" marketing strategy. If they want to make it so hard for me to get in, I accommodate them by not going. There are so many good places to dine in the Napa Valley and San Francisco itself. Perhaps if you have an American Express card that carries concierge services they can get you in. Otherwise, if it's winter time and you call three months to the day before your reservation, you'll probably get in anyway. .... Good luck and have a great drive.
    Greg AH61930 - 2003 - Silver/Black