Thread: 2014 BMW M3 interior spy photos

Z8 Novice

2014 BMW M3 interior spy photos

I have to ask do you work for-at-with DP Cars as all you ever seem to post is links to their site. I really don't mind linking to interesting content, but so far DPCars hasn't really cut the mustard for me, and since you never post anything else I figured I'd ask. Autoweek, Autospies, Carscoops, Sportscardigest all have much better content, but you never link to any of them?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    The interior looks good. Not sure I like the AMG style seat badges.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    I was at an BMW event last week ( all the new cars plus some concept/pre production cars like the Active Tourer and the M4) They said that the latter will probably replace the M3.
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-acht View Post
    They said that the latter will probably replace the M3.
    The M3 will be the 4-door version and the M4 will be the 2-door version. Kind of whack if you ask me, I mean the M3 is an iconic name and they're going to muddle the brand name.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Blitz View Post
    The M3 will be the 4-door version and the M4 will be the 2-door version. Kind of whack if you ask me, I mean the M3 is an iconic name and they're going to muddle the brand name.
    I think the biggest competition is their own car lines ( 2,4,6 series???)

Presented today the 4 serie cabrio, it could be the new 3 series cabrio

Ton

Ton, can you email your attachments that aren't showing up so I can send them to our tech team, as I can't figure out whey they aren't coming up.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Andrew,

The attachment that does not show up is a link from here

bmw_4er_cabrio_21.jpg

The second picture is a screenshot I made myself. Funny is that I could not remove the first link because it was not seen in the edit screen
    Ton

Z8Mania
    M Blitz, I agree with you/ but then BMW seems to know the market and their customers really well so I wouldn't bet against them.

If I ran the company Id have kept the names true to their displacement and probably not have done the 4 and 2 series and definitely would not do the whole xDrive and sDrive monikers and most surely would never allow M branded equipment on anything but an M car. This last point I feel most strongly on.

Z8Mania, I agree with you and they probably did so "heavy" focus group(ing) and the like before deciding to rebrand the M3 (the coupe) M4. That said, it seems that for the past 10 years BMW has succeeded in spite of themselves (i.e. reliability issues, Bangle butts, etc. - not to mentioned Z8 owners own issues you know when).
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Z8Mania
    I think we all have our personal opinions.

If we are talking styling, even though I did not like the Bangle style, you have to admit that it worked. Imagine if BMW had stuck with a more evolutionary look, there is a good chance they would have suffered the fate of Jaguar just after it did the ill fated X-Type. And I think BMW is making better looking cars now.

As to reliability, I think all the luxury marques with the exception of Lexus have had some reliability issues when comparing against regular marques. However, customers are willing to trade some of that for whatever it is they are getting (sportiness, exclusivity etc). In the case of BMW the only worrying thing I see is the cars seem to have become less and less enthusiast driver cars and more and more luxury transportation. Perhaps thats a consequence of greater sales. I don't know. I do know 10+ years ago every car in the line up was exciting to me. Now there are a few but its the vast minority. And the ones that are exciting or inspiring seem to lack run flat tires.... coincidence?

Sport Button On
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    The interior looks good. Not sure I like the AMG style seat badges.
    Seat badges aren't new for BMW, my 1988 M5 had them. They kind of poked me in the back though, hopefully it's implemented better if they're going that route again.

Quote Originally Posted by ///M Blitz View Post
    The M3 name is going to be diluted regardless. Every few years BMW has been coming out with a new M3, at this point there are 5 to choose from and in another 20-30 years there will be another 5 more.

I would argue that the 1M is the closest BMW has come to remaking the original e30 M3.

Z8Mania
    Agreed. But BMW hasnt had them for a long time and its looking very AMG to my eyes- which isn't a bad thing because lately AMG has been kicking M's butt

Yes, and the AMG treatment is available on most any model, save the motor. BMW is deffinately following their lead.

Z8Mania
    And we all laughed when AMG did it. If anything MBZ is cutting back- no more AMG on the R Class..... then again....... no more R class either!