Thread: 1967 Triumph TR4A

1. 1967 Triumph TR4A
    General Information
    Triumph
    TR4A
    Red with white top

I purchased my first car in 1978 with earnings from a part-time job. After 8 years I sold the car to somebody with more time to maintain her. Along the way, I learned how to tune-up a car with points, set a spark plug gap, sync carbs, adjust valves and ultimately the art of rebuilding an engine including replacing the wet sleeves.

Comments: 5 / Views: 3079
    What a pretty little thing, lovely!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I had an early TR4. This was before the A which has independent rear suspension. Trust me, the 4 with the solid axle rode like a truck. Also had a '76 (?) TR 6 which I bought from a junk yard and restored. I wouldn't mind having another one, especially as a project card, but I'm out of room in my garage.
    Rich

Parrish, FL

2006 Ferrari F430 Spyder
    2011 Porsche Carrera S
    2011 Mercedes CLS 550

Z8Mania
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I had an early TR4. This was before the A which has independent rear suspension. Trust me, the 4 with the solid axle rode like a truck. Also had a '76 (?) TR 6 which I bought from a junk yard and restored. I wouldn't mind having another one, especially as a project card, but I'm out of room in my garage.
    I sometimes have the same thoughts about picking up another British roadster (Big Healey), but like yourself I am out of garage space in our current home and forget about free time. The Triumph was a great car to learn the art of driving a sports car with no electronic aids. I remember the front wheels locking up in a turn I hoped to make and having to pump the brakes to make my way around a corner. Fun stuff for a guy in his late teens!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

DSC Off
    Whoa, brakes? You had brakes?? Must have been a special option on TR4s!! Also my first car, and like Ed, same problems, but sooo much fun...
    Tom
    Z8LVR