Thread: Jersey Strong, despite many tough breaks

Jersey Strong, despite many tough breaks

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jersey-boar...ry?id=20241249

There is a major fire in the same area that was devastated by Super Storm Sandy 10 months ago. Over thirty two stores burned down and 30 mph winds. Ironically while the boardwalk and many houses were devastated last year the stores were mostly in one piece. When you get knocked down, you just have to keep getting back up?.

That really is sad, so sorry to hear.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I saw this and sorry to be a cynic but I find the timing to be opertune to say the least. You have a tourist attraction that had a very mediocre year after a devastating storm destroyed much of the area. It will be years (if ever) before they get the traffic they had before storm Sandy. I used to see this all the time at Hunter (a New York ski resort town) Without fail a bar or nightclub would catch fire a few weeks or months after the ski season was over. Do I think all the business were in on it? Doubtful, but all you need is one or two bad actors and a lot of wind and everything goes up.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

Z8Mania
    Interesting perspective Josh.

I really have no idea except it's very sad. I feel for the people who have suffered losses.

Had the same thoughts, but wondered if it was not just an arsonist. Perfect conditions with the wind gusting strongly straight up the wooden boardwalk?.

Whatever the cause, I hope the outcome will be a good one, and the area will get back on its feet again quickly.
    Andrew Macpherson

http://nypost.com/2013/09/13/fire-ra...ore-boardwalk/
    Arson is now suspected. Looks like it started beneath the boardwalk?.. There is no shortage of work for construction workers on the barrier island as the hundreds of homes that were destroyed are now just beginning their reconstruction work. In a couple of years it will be much better then it was before the storm and recent fire.

Z8Mania
    The more I think on it, I think you are likely correct- there is a very good chance this is some form of foul play.

Turns out to be an electrical fire caused by wiring that got wet during supersto Sandy and was not replaced. Subsequent corrosion caused the fire. Any electrical item that got wet with salt water needs to be replaced for this reason. We had two replace two brand new AC units for the same reason, ok it was three because the third one was washed away. Additionally we replaced the central vac unit which was above the flooded area but it had sucked up a couple of gallons of saltwater before it shorted the circuit breaker.

In any case glad it was not arson.

That's good to know. It's been an eerily quite hurricane season this year, I hope it isn't saving the worst for last again.
    Andrew Macpherson