Thread: Replacing a battery

Z8 Novice

Replacing a battery

My battery has died after about 4 years. It was on a battery tender and still failed. I want to change the battery myself but don't want to create issues. The last time my battery completely died the head unit died as a result. So my question: any issues or suggestions on replacing the battery myself. Based on what I read on other posts, I was going to look into the battery available from Batteries Plus. During replacement I planned to leave the car hooked to the charger while swapping. Does this sound like the best process? I've also read discussions about registering the battery. However, with this battery being a like replacement is that necessary? Thanks
    Terry

DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by THowell View Post
    My battery has died after about 4 years. It was on a battery tender and still failed. I want to change the battery myself but don't want to create issues. The last time my battery completely died the head unit died as a result. So my question: any issues or suggestions on replacing the battery myself. Based on what I read on other posts, I was going to look into the battery available from Batteries Plus. During replacement I planned to leave the car hooked to the charger while swapping. Does this sound like the best process? I've also read discussions about registering the battery. However, with this battery being a like replacement is that necessary? Thanks
    Terry
    Yes keep 12 volt power on the system to avoid a power jump in voltage. You can also turn the lights on.

Z8Ros