Thread: Sports & Exotic Car: In Your Garage

Sports & Exotic Car: In Your Garage

Last September I submitted a short story about my Z8 journey to Sports & Exotic Car magazine that was just published in the October 2013 issue. This site also received honorable mention for its support of the Z8 ownership experience. I'll post the article once available on the Sports & Exotic Car website.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Nice job Ed!

Z8Mania
    Nicely done Ed! :

A friend also emailed me a scan of it from Hemmings, nice piece and thanks for the mention! :-)

Here's the somewhat scrappy scan, it'l have to do till I can get a good one...

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Cool. Short but good! Nice job Ed.

Fred's Alfa

I mentioned elsewhere about Fred contacting me after reading the above blurb in Sports & Exotic Cars for this Sundays Cars and Coffee. Here's his story in the same publication on one of his other cars.
    http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/...rs_guide1.html
    My Best,

Ed

Z8Mania
    Very cool!!!!

Fred,
    i see you purchased your Alfa in Wichita. When I was growing up in Wichita there was a really good Alfa/BMW dealer called European Car. The top mechanic there was David Levian. I am curious if he did the engine work on your car or if you know? He is still considered to be one of the best Alfa mechanics in America as historics owners are always shipping cars to him from all over the country to work on. Just curious as I am taking him my 71 GTV 1750 to redo the electricals this next month.
    Robert C. - BMW Enthusiast
    03- Alpina Z8 62141 #243/555

Fred has not posted here for a couple years, but still owns his Z8 and the alpha. I see him locally once in a while.

Funny story: when I read the Hemings article about Fred and his Alfa, and that he also had a Z8, and that he was only about 45 minutes from me, I said to myself "I need to meet this guy". The Dueto was always one of my favorites growing up, and I feel was a big influence on my love of the Z8 style. So I tore out the article and kept it on my desk. Fast forward about 6 months. I met a Z8 owner at a local shine & show, the guy told me about his other cars. I said "you're the guy from Los Banos with the Alfa, I've been looking for you!"

Fred called me while I was at the GP in Austin, and I forwarded him a link to this post too, so hopefully he'll jump in and answer.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I hope to see Fred at the next Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Car Museum on December 1st, so I can check in with him at that time too.
    My Best,

Ed

Last time I spoke with Fred his "Internet was not working". That's been for the last 2 years, so don't hold your breath that he'll post! Better to see him at the Blackhawk.