Thread: 2003 Alpina (#62197) 80k miles - Sold

2003 Alpina (#62197) 80k miles - Sold

Saw this high mileage (anything above 50K?) at 62.5K miles for sale on AutoTrader. As an owner of a car that is being driven regularly I am obviously always interested to see what these cars catch. Would love to know what it will sell when it does.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...49860562&Log=0
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

mjunco1054
    I looked at this car in California about 2 months ago. It was for sale for $105,000 and the owner was willing to take $95,000. It had some wear and tear on the driver seat, but it could be repaired. All four wheels were scratched pretty bad, but overall the car was well maintained. Owner is 82 and he did not feel comfortable driving the car any more.
    Car was maintained at Crevier BMW and the original owner was from Laguna Beach. In the end I decided to buy a 2001 Z8 with 14,000 miles to keep in California (in addition to my 2001 I hAve in Houston). I assume a dealer purchased the car to resell it.
    Manuel Junco (mjunco1054)

I heard through the grapevine it was bought for 85k.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

EAG

Alpina Z8 at EAG

Hello Group,

We commissioned Hayvenhurstkid to perform his normal head to toe inspection for us on this Alpina prior to committing. The car checked out great - better than I expected. Marty does a great job and knows these cars very well. We worked with him selling his Alpina last year and he's a straight shooter. Upon inspection he noted this Alpina had all original panels with all original paint. The wheels have some marks, front bumper is original with typical patina, rear window has normal wear, etc....all correctable items that will rejuvenate this Alpina close to new condition once again. We will invest our normal $10-15K into this Alpina bringing her up to our standards for the next owner.....but will log a couple hundred miles before sending her on her way!!

We're in process of stripping the wheels, conditioning the interior, sorting all the mechanicals and refinishing the front bumper. We should have updated photos in a few days. We do all our work in house ensuring the highest quality standards. We are a full blown service and performance center and restoration facility. We regularly have cars shipped from all over the USA for our services.

Mechanically the Alpina checked out better than we had hoped. The original owner had a very comprehensive service history to pass forward. Highlights include lots of oil & fluid flushes, a full cooling system overhaul at 47K (pump, stat, exp. tank, radiator, hoses, bleeder, etc), various hoses/gaskets and a steering angle sensor. Most of the other service history includes typical wear and tear consumables along with Z8 specific shortcomings (trunk shocks, etc). Everything works as it left Germany and the car includes every single accessory - including an unopened coffee table book from our friend at BMW Customer Relations, Mr. Bill Stuart. We are still waiting on the hard top stand from Crevier, however have a new one in the box in the event they don't come through.

We were very interested to see how well this car would hold up over this many miles......and we're very happy to report this chassis can do the miles! The frame is very straight and there is ample room on either side of a quarter between the fenders and hood at the top near the glass all the way down to the tops of the headlamps. We have a performance package in stock ready for install for the next owner - if the buyer of this car is a board member, we'll be happy to install the PP free of charge (We've installed over a dozen performance packages in the last 18 months and have it mastered). Seeing we buy all our cars back from our clients when they are done enjoying them, we work hard to ensure every car leaves our facility fully sorted and as we'd set them up for many years of enjoyment. They always come back to us in great shape....sometimes better given the discerning clients we cater to.

I welcome any questions fellow owners have general or specific.

I'm not at all surprised it's in tip top mechanical shape, plenty of our cars have now broken the 100k, and several the 200k mark in Europe with no reports of any mileage based issues or weaknesses. In the e39 M5 our engines and drive trains have done similar miles with relatively few mechanical issues, so I fully expect our cars to be good for all our lives, with the correct love and attention.

I see the Alpina is already done, fast work!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    This Alpina is a very very nice car that had loving care from
    one elderly owner who drove it. Other than a few odds and ends that Eric is correcting this car will be a superb car.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I knew this car wouldn't last long. Showing already as sale pending.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe