Thread: Wind deflector installation

Red face Wind deflector installation

Hello to all,

This may be a silly question, but where do the latches go? In the horizontal slots behind the seats ( I tried and they do not work, the latch hook is facing the opposite direction), besides aren't these slots for the tonneau cover tabs?
    The booklet instructions on page 95 are not helpful; I would appreciate your help! Thanks,

Gaby

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    They do anchor in the four horizontal slots in back. The two center slots still have room to be used for the convertible top boot.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

I just put mine on the other day and it does help with wind buffeting. I just sorta pushed the tabs straight down and the rolled them forward with one finger. The 4 reverse "U clips" of the tabs snap in softly. You almost wonder how it holds.

What I can't remember is if it is easier to put the boot on first or last. I tried it both ways and one worked while the other didn't allow the tabs to go in.I think it is easier to put the boot on last.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

Ok I get it now; the back of the clip goes straight back into the slot!!
    I was trying to attach the edge of the clip to the slot...
    Thanks for using the terms "snap" & "U Clip", it helped!
    Thank you all!

After installing the windscreen, put the cover over the convertible top. This cover also helps to secure the windscreen in place. On my first test drive without the cover the windscreen flew out of place on the freeway as we hit 80.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Thanks Ed; I will make sure it is installed!

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    Interestingly - i have noted that the winbreaker wasnt particularly secure since i bought the car. Also noted that the soft top tonneau would occasionally pop up. There are 4 plastic inserts on the vertical panel behind the seats. I removed the plastic inserts - they are all broken. Im ordering some replacements and i'll follow up. It will be interesting to see if the windbreaker is more secure and if the tonneau stops popping up

Dave P

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    I installed the 4 oval inserts into the panel. The windbreaker and tonneau are now very secure. If your tonneau is popping up, or your windbreaker is coming loose (both have been an issue for me since I bought the car) this will likely solve the problem.

Its very easy to remove and install the oval inserts.

Dave P
    Vancouver, BC