Thread: Greenwich Concours 2013

Z8Mania

Greenwich Concours 2013

Here are some snap shots. Nikon D4, most shots ISO 400, some 800, some 1600. Outside shots with the 24-70 with a polarizer, inside the 14-24 and a flash. Beautiful cars! And most of these were taken with my kids hanging off me because it was hot and they wanted to go get some ice cream- we literally spent only 40 minutes there on the European car day. I could have spent hours.

Awesome pix and cars, thanks for sharing!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Kevin's Avatar
    Was gonna go but I had tied up at home. Looks like I missed out.
    2003 Z8 Silver/Black AH62031 (Sold)

Z8Mania
    Thanks guys. It was a great show. I really enjoy seeing all the cars.

Nice selection of shots plus great weather. I could not make it this year but showed my Z8 there last year (it was hot then rained in the afternoon) You caught a pic of my next car, a 2014 Mercedes E class sport wagon. I will soon be joining the ranks of soccer moms in toni suburbia.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

Z8Mania
    Im sorry I missed having a chance to meet up and also see your beautiful Z8. I think the new E class is great looking. Mercedes really stepped it up.

Great shots Jerry. Thank you for sharing your camera settings too. I noticed a lot of American muscle for a European car day event.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8Mania
    Thanks Ed. I should have been clearer- Saturday was American iron. Sunday was European cars. I went both days. I had my kids hanging off me on Sunday. I remember being dragged to things I didn't want to go to as a child and I told my kids we'd leave in under an hour- true to my word we were done in 40 minutes/ though I would have liked to take another 10 minutes but it was really hot. I took them for ice cream. That went down better than a bunch of old cars for them. Lol. Most interesting reaction they had-they hated the angular Italian sports cars from the 70s and 80s. All the stuff I thought was cool when I was their age, they really didn't like! They liked the stuff from the 50s and 60s and 90s+.

Thanks for the clarification, regardless of the day it looks like it was a wonderful event to attend. I can relate to your experience with your kids. My oldest son is only interested in new cars. His younger brother is happy to look at the classics with me, but I remember at the last concours that once we looked at the Ferraris and Dinos he was ready to go.

Cars, ice cream, and spending the afternoon with dad, sounds like a great day for everyone!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

That's funny, sounds like my entire childhood, between his racing and motor journalist-ing and business my dad was all car all the time. The only way to connect with him was go out driving or flying together, the huge benefit was childhood was full of a lot of awesome rides!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Thanks guys- that sounds like a lot of fun Andrew. Ed, yeah we love the ice cream, but we are trying to cut way down on dairy- I actually took them for dairy free frozen yogurt but you get the idea. What I found interesting is my girls didn't care for the Italian cars from the 70s and 80s. They thought they were too angular and "weird". I showed them a countach and I thought they would love it- they said- "ewww, thats so weird!" LOL.

They're got innate good taste, you'll want to watch that when they discover Hermes! ;-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    I know............