Thread: driving heaven

Sport Button On

driving heaven

Is there driving in heaven? If not, I think I would rather stay here. I just went on such a sublime drive, it is good enough for me. I have always envied our California brothers for their trips to Napa, or our European brothers for their rides in the alps, but in the late spring nothing beats northern baltimore county.

I picked an eastbound route with the setting sun at my back. Narrow ribbons of country road wind through the low hills and valleys of farmland. The drive is a feast for the senses. For the eyes, everything is bathed in a golden light. Puffy cumulus clouds dissipate in the sky. Lush green pasture land is at its peak fertility.

For the nose: smells change at every corner. Fresh cut grass, wild rose, onion grass, honey suckle, the occasional smell of hot metal or oil (this is perhaps the only disadvantage of modern cars: not enough car smells).

For the ears: birds chirping, a big v8 growling, then roaring, the rush on wind with acceleration

For the inner ear: the ever changing acceleration, deceleration and cornering.

The dynamics of this car are amazing. Whether its the resolute push in the spine on full acceleration, or the sleight shimmy the nose gives me when I come over a hillcrest on an off camber turn telling me I'm going fast enough, or the bite of the front tire when the nose comes back down telling me I'm not going too fast, the car is constantly talking to me.

what a heavenly ride! I can't wait to go again tomorrow.

Sounds like heaven to me. Snap a couple pics next drive please.

Yes, pictures for sure!!

So happy to hear you had a great day out in her, driving the Z8 on the right stretch of uninterrupted open road is one of the great automotive experiences of life!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Nice! Who says heaven can wait?

Sport Button On

pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Sounds like heaven to me. Snap a couple pics next drive please.
    I will have to strap the camera to my head, because both of my hands are busy!

GoPro video? It does stills too at set intervals.

Z8Mania
    Or just fly Andrew out to you

Sport Button On - DSC Off Doug Dolan's Avatar
    Marc,

I'm a few miles down the road from you (Chevy Chase, MD). What route(s) did you take?
    Doug Dolan
    61297 - Stratus / Crema