Thread: Carmel Weekend - May 16-19, 2013

Carmel Weekend - May 16-19, 2013

The first day of the drive was pleasantly cool after last weeks roasting heat, with temps never getting higher than the 70's, perfect convertible weather.

We met as usual in the Starbux in Valencia, headed north on the I-5 to Mt Frazier, then took to the bacl roads, climbing over the Mt Pinon heights, dropping into the desert, then climbing up over the 58 over to Paso, past Lake Nacimento and up north into the Carmel Valley on the beautiful fast open roads that made me fall in ove with California. We got to Carmel Valley village for lunch, then drove up the hill to the 'chateau' we rented for the weekend, which is where the group shots are done.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Beautiful shots. See you all shortly.

Richard

I knew I'd kick myself for not being available for this trip. Looks like a great start to a really fun trip and I hope the rest goes equally well. I like the shot around the fountain at the "chateau". Very nice!

Looks like a great trip - what a collection!!! Wish I was there.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

I like the pix of the cars parked in all different directions, including the one that appears to be emerging from within the building.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

I could not imagine a more perfect day!

Leaving the house at nine thirty or so, we headed inland along the stunning Carmel Valley, then turned west at Greenfield and headed into the massive Hunter Liggett military base, one of the prettiiest natural areas in Central Cali. After crossing it's open high valley we climbed the coastal range and dropped down to Highway 1 for a delicious lunch at Ventana Inn in Big Sur which was organized by our new owner Semi - thank you, it was superb!!

After lunch we settled in a gentle afternon pace up the coast Carmel, stocked up on supplies and headed home to enjoy much wine and a delicious dinner maestroed by our team superchef Clive.

Andrew Macpherson

Tom's view of the day!

Andrew Macpherson

A divinely slow day, chilling, shopping, Seventeen Mile driving, and a little wine tasting on the way home for our last night feast.

Andrew Macpherson

Tom's view of the day....

Between lunch at Spanish Bay and heading home to dinner.

Andrew Macpherson

Just looking at the pix again, that really was such a fun weekend!
    Andrew Macpherson

Just did the same and it reminded me how lucky we are to own such great cars, live near such great roads and venues to use them, and most importantly have such great friends to share them.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver