Thread: new owner

DSC Off

new owner

I just bought silver/red 2002 from Eric at EAG!! (nice experience,seems very knowledgeable) Car to arrive soon. I have been admiring Z8s for some time. I have a Ford GT and on the GT forum a number of owners also have Z8s. They all loved their Z8s and encouraged me to "pull the trigger". Was at the BMW museum in Germany and seeing the Z8 next to a 507 was incredible!! I own 3 0ther BMWs (X3,X5, and R1200RT) but of course the Z8 will be "tops"! I look forward to reading everyones posts and useful suggestions in the future about Z8 ownership.

Welcome! Explore the site, there is so much great info, and so many great stories... Where are you located?

DSC Off
    way upstate NY (Plattsburgh). Winter finally over and roads are clear!! I have found allot of valuable info so far. Helpful in the search for a Z8. What to look for and what to avoid!! Always helpful in having a good moderator and this forum looks well "put together"

Congratulations, and welcome!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Congratulations and enjoy your new ride!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

welcome and congratulations!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Z8Mania
    Welcome to the club and congratulations!

Congrats on BMW #4 and welcome to the Board. You'll find it extremely helpful for almost anything Z8.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Old Baillie's Avatar
    Welcome to group
    Alpina, Silver/Black

Congrats and welcome.
    thegunguy

DSC Off
    thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to its arrival. Bridgestones and performance package being installed. Just in time for summer up here!

I just saw the pictures of your new car from the EAG post, and she's a beauty!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Great, another Z8 fellow who already owns a helmet and is not afraid of curves - as the R1200RT leads me to believe. Somebody widen the tracks, pole position is getting crowded. I hope to see you soon on one of our fabulous drives.
    ZAchterbahn
    2001 Z8

DSC Off
    Yes, r1200rt great touring bike. For me touring is all about the drive! Got back into riding a few years ago once the kids left. Did pacific coast hwy and west coast few years ago. Last summer blue ridge hwy, devil's gap etc. incredible roads. As good as anything I have driven in Europe!

Congrats! Great color combo.

Z8 Happy
    Welcome and come on back to the West Coast!
    AKA Mark from SoCal

2003 Alpina - Black/Black
    Original Owner

Welcome from Texas! Tip to the new owner. Take the flaslight out from the CD changer area. It can leak and make a mess.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

DSC Off
    well car finally arrived late last night (in pouring rain!!). Just gorgeous!! Looks great next to my ford GT!! Can't wait to start putting on the milage. Great experience with Eric at EAG!! highly recommended!!

EAG
    Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    well car finally arrived late last night (in pouring rain!!). Just gorgeous!! Looks great next to my ford GT!! Can't wait to start putting on the milage. Great experience with Eric at EAG!! highly recommended!!
    Great to hear and I'm thrilled we've connected another great Z8 with a great home. Enjoy the car in good health and we'll always be here if you need anything whatsoever.

Z8Mania
    Pictures or it never happened! Congratulations on joining the club.

EAG

Here she is a few days before departure

DSC Off
    Thanks for posting the photo. I have not figured out yet how to post them!